Oil and fuel lines.

My 95 CH is starting to get some leaks , I noticed some of the lines are starting to seap , I asked dealer about lines and they acted clueless , said to go somewhere and have them made . I went to Napa and vermeer , and some other places that make hoses and they said they don't keep any kind of fittings like that. The truck is almost 30 years old so I'd like to just start replacing some of these before they fail on the road , can anyone tell me where to start to look , thanks.

20240210_122556.jpg

based on the picture shown; the #6 line has "old style" fitting requiring tool  (another male fitting ) to assemble. newer fittings have only two pieces not 3. swivel end has collar . philips  screwdriver of proper size to fit in hose with lube works well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9533e0fc5dc7108e9a1f56b7aac7b68a.jpegmech.. look at these fittings i use.. you need 2 wrenches to put them together..  easy breezy..  they have been around since back when you came here on the Santa Maria...   just sayin'.   luv u bud..  jojo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem dealerships did not carry the lines on a roll anymore. I wound up going to a hydraulic hose shop. They had everything in stock, but they had to order one of the lines took a month for them to finish them, mainly waiting on the one hose. Good luck believe it or not you can try Amazon. They carry a lot of the lines in stock…. Bob

On 2/10/2024 at 4:29 PM, mechohaulic said:

The Nina/ Pinta had more problems with the fuel lines= I had to be on call for major break down=== now how's  that for staying on topic. LOL😂🤣

OK now that’s just hilarious. Somehow I missed this ha ha…. Bob

• Like 1