RW713 front spring/axle identification

I am trying to definitively determine my Superliner’s front spring/ axle rating. I have attached a number of pics. I have been getting conflicting answers. Please see attached pics. If you zoom in the No. 815210311 is also on each side. 
Thank you 

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3964.jpeg

IMG_3963.jpeg

IMG_3962.jpeg

• Supermutt changed the title to RW713 front spring/axle identification
6 minutes ago, Supermutt said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. How did you determine or cross that over ? 

It's stamped right there on the front of the axle.

Also, if I researched the front axle assembly number also in your picture (it appears to be 1QHA5745P2), it would tell me the axle model and show all the parts.

Thanks, I appreciate it !  I just found this. It would be nice it there was a spot on this site to upload manuals and documents. Other sites that I am a member of you can upload manuals for all to use. IMG_3968.thumb.png.a26f1c1db6e3e789a8c370ba55d67038.png

IMG_3967.png

• Like 1

These brochures you posted are very useful.

Just wanted to pont out one moment. Your truck is RW713 made after 1985, so 2nd generation, right? If so it has front springs (leaves) 4" wide.

The spring spec list above represents the same leaves (at each option) for R, RD, U, RW and W (WS?) models. R's definitely have 3.5" leaves and the same for WS (Cruiseliner). So seeing the numbers I guess the table works for the 1st generation pre-85 Superliners RWS/RWL.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/31/2024 at 12:48 PM, Vladislav said:

These brochures you posted are very useful.

Just wanted to pont out one moment. Your truck is RW713 made after 1985, so 2nd generation, right? If so it has front springs (leaves) 4" wide.

The spring spec list above represents the same leaves (at each option) for R, RD, U, RW and W (WS?) models. R's definitely have 3.5" leaves and the same for WS (Cruiseliner). So seeing the numbers I guess the table works for the 1st generation pre-85 Superliners RWS/RWL.

Yes, the WS/WL did use R-model springs, e.g. 2QK3378 (10,500lb) and 2QK3378P2 (12,000lb).

But the Super-Liner II (aka. RWI), well the RWI 600 was an Ultra-Liner chassis while the RWI700 was a heavier variant of that chassis. And the MH/RWI used a new family of springs.

16 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Yes, the WS/WL did use R-model springs, e.g. 2QK3378 (10,500lb) and 2QK3378P2 (12,000lb).

But the Super-Liner II (aka. RWI), well the RWI 600 was an Ultra-Liner chassis while the RWI700 was a heavier variant of that chassis. And the MH/RWI used a new family of springs.

Would be interesting to learn weren't those RW/MH springs later went to CH and CX Vision? Or at least didn't they have the same length? Some Visions had only 2 leaves in the taperleaf pack I belive. But don't have sources of info to proof or argue.

22 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Would be interesting to learn weren't those RW/MH springs later went to CH and CX Vision? Or at least didn't they have the same length? Some Visions had only 2 leaves in the taperleaf pack I belive. But don't have sources of info to proof or argue.

Vlad, the CH has different front springs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Vlad, the CH has different front springs.

Thank you for the answer, Kevin. Those I saw (pre-2004 CX) were 4" wide and the length wasn't way off from a MH. The style of attachment didn't look different either. So I kept a bit of hope on possibility using them in MH/RW. Didn't take measurements though.

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Thank you for the answer, Kevin. Those I saw (pre-2004 CX) were 4" wide and the length wasn't way off from a MH. The style of attachment didn't look different either. So I kept a bit of hope on possibility using them in MH/RW. Didn't take measurements though.

The bushings are different too.

• Like 1