2006 Mack 613 tractor runaway / oil in injection module plug

I knock them out with an aluminum pipe,  I check the end of the pipe often for chips that may come off. A wood broom handle may splinter.. you knock them out from the bottom, and install from the top.. if you end up doing cam bushings you will need the driver and handle..   I have all the tool numbers at home.. I buy from freedom racing, Tillman tool, and Monaco tool co.   They sell Kent Moore spec'd. tools, jojo

• Like 2

you dont have too,, of course starting on #1 for any reason is always a plus,,  you do know that just because the pointer is pointing at 1&6  on the flywheel, doesnt mean you are up on #1..  you could be up on #6..  theres an easy way to tell....        also, in order to see the cam at #3+#4,,  its best to remove the oil pump.  the torque on those bolts is 35 lbft..

• Like 1

i'm sorry..   if you fix this, i suggest getting cam kit with steel lifters...   I would strongly suggest new H-Rings..  all 12...   there are 2 oversized H-Rings available..  Do you have an E-Tech engine book?  

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed

rotate the engine and watch each lobe..  I thought I saw scratches in the 3rd to last picture..  since this engine ran away for a bit,  it may have shattered the rollers but shut down before cam damage happened...   (My wishful thinking)    Jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Below are screenshots of the ASET AI book and ASET AC books on Mack's emedia website. 

5-110 is the AI book

5-111 is the AC book which I assume what your engine is.  External EGR system.

The AI engines use an extra bump on the exhaust lobes to open the exhaust valves on the intake stroke to suck exhaust back into the engine for reburn.

If you have an AI motor then now would be the time to delete the emissions system by going to a pre-ASET camshaft.  Later down the road you could do away with the restrictive exhaust manifold and turbo, but this would be the time to do the internal delete.  But you probably have an AC motor, which uses a different emissions system.

Screenshot_20231219-184523.png

Screenshot_20231219-184552.png

• Like 1

JoeH,,  the valve adjustment procedure is different.. he has Power leash..   Jacobs 690 is a different adjustment procedure..    If it is not done correctly, and he has ceramic rollers back in the engine, 30 seconds after he starts the engine, he will be right where he is now..  

any free or cheap books would be great,,  the last 3 of these ASET engines that I built, I was able to buy all of the parts from a PAI vendor..  Less than half price.  I was at  the very last customer last sunday and asked about his truck..  He said it runs great and pulls hard..  I did the build in June of 2022..  I have used PAI on about 20 engines, and have not had to re-do them.. so dont be leary of this brand..  Others here are familiar with PAI, and can give you opinions..  Jojo

• Like 1