2006 Mack 613 tractor runaway / oil in injection module plug

Alright gentlemen here’s the story with this one,

The truck was run out of fuel, they started it with a ton of ether, it ran away for a short period of time (under 30 seconds) it’s got a miss now, I’ll type the codes I pulled below there all memory codes at the moment. I pulled the cam sensor and found metal on the end of it possibly from a failing throw out bearing which could obviously cause a rough idle, I disconnected the main plug harness going into the injection module and found engine oil inside the plug, on the module. Is it possible the oil pressure sensor failed and oil got pushed through the wire and up to the module? I have no idea how else I’ll could get up there

which seams to be where the oil filter housing meets the block

injector cyl 1: MID (128
):Injection ECU, SID:1, FMI (8):Signal frequency, Count:15

33038: MID(128):Injection ECU, SID:270, FMI (5): Low current or open circuit

33037: MID(128):Injection ECU, SID:269, FMI (7):Wrong answer from mechanical system, Count:15

Injector cyl 2: MID (128):Injection ECU, SID:2, FMI (8):Signal frequency, Count:15

camshaft sensor: MID(128):Injection ECU, SID:21, FMI (2): Wrong or intermittent data,Count: 15.

turbocharger 1 speed:MID(128):Injection ECU, PID:103, FMI (1):Value under standard, Count:1

engine speed:MID (128):Injection ECU, PID: 190, FMI (2): Wrong or intermittent data ,Count: 1

SAE J1708/1587 data bus:MID (128):Injection ECU, SID: 250, FMI (8):Signal frequency, Count:1

IMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.f065f8c41195057837951b20c5d6e111.jpegIMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.f1bafd481e5fec7e4439335f0cbd5528.jpeg

the metal on the plug is pretty light,,  the metal on the RPM/TDC sensor is heavy,  I would check the condition of the wires for that sensor as far up as you can.  

Have you checked the push rods and valve bridges,  basically everything under the valve covers? 

• Like 1

Not yet I’m going to do get under the valve cover this morning have you ever seen oil get up through a wiring harness like that I can’t think of any other way the oil would have gotten there. Id like to find a pin diagram of that plug to try and narrow down the possible culprit. Thank you again in advance you’re always a huge help! 
-Chris 

IMG_1241.thumb.jpeg.2df42647d567f128ed1c44772a428775.jpegIMG_1234.thumb.jpeg.a356eddba5f44c124bd83640e119e0cf.jpeg

Thank you! Another question for you guys the gasket for the oil filter housing for this truck came with two of the same gasket would either of you happen to know if I’m supposed to use both gaskets I don’t see why it would use both but also no idea why they’d have two in the same package if not thanks in advance 

-Chris 

as far as making room for attachments...  make a $25.00- or more,, your choice, donation to BMT...  you will get a bunch of data space, and help this great website,,,  just sayin'..

now, as far as the pushrods/top end..  when the time comes to run the valves....  it IS  Crucial that you follow Macks guidelines..  if you dont and the valve train chatters,, your screwed..  that engine has ceramic lifter rollers... I hate them....  keep in touch, step by step... Jojo

• Like 1

sweet...  these dont run like a Cat..  or John Deere.. I think that's called ''overlap'' ..

there are a lot of us that can guide you when the time comes..  your engine requires ALL adjustments made / cylinder, in the firing order..  engine brake and exh. lash are done backwards..  no biggie, when the time comes let us know..  Jojo

• Like 1

I took a look...  looks like you go to the home page and scroll down to subscriptions..  I do see a $50 membership posted.  I know that I have made several $25 donations...  but honestly...  $50 isnt hard to part with here, given the content of this site and all the members that are here to help...  just my opinion..  Jojo

• Like 1

Pulled the rear rocker shaft and pulled the exhaust pushrod from #6 it dosent seem bent to me I rolled it on the bench and put a straight edge against it I’ll post the pictures below. Is it possible the over rev when it ran away could have knocked an h-ring loose? And as you said with ceramic rollers with that much play I imagine there’s a chance that one’s already done.
    As of right now my game plan tomorrow is going to be to drop the oil pan and take a peak from underneath let me know if you’ve got any other suggestions. As always greatly appreciate the wisdom.

-Chris IMG_1286.thumb.jpeg.fb446b317d117835650a8a681245a009.jpegIMG_1285.thumb.jpeg.364cf38a704e8f12d955ac5ee1aa66a0.jpeg