motor and trans swap

eric787

Got a 06 cv713 granite and one of the eup springs broke and cracked side of block. When its on you can see fuel pissing out the crack. Anyone have this problem? I will attach a picture but it is hard to see the hairline crack. Has a ami-370 in it right now. Found a parts truck I am considering. It is a 03 granite and has a 400 e7 and a 8LL in it. will motor and trans sit right in? truck comes fully intact so i will have everything i need to do the swap including electrical stuff. Any chance anyone will know if this will work?

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Clarify what engine is in the donor granite, it's either AI-400 or ETECH 400. It shouldn't be an E7 though. Difference is the fuel system.

That aside, assuming ETECH 400 or AI-400 everything should be identical other than minor turbo differences based on AI vs AMI.

Only difference between AI(and AMI) and ETECH is the camshaft has extra bumps on the exhaust lobes in order to open the exhaust valves a hair during exhaust stroke to suck emissions back into the engine. The turbo and exhaust manifolds are also a bit restrictive to create back pressure to facilitate the dog eating it's own vomit.

• Like 1

Old company had a rod come out the block and take #2injector with it.

New engine installed, and 10,000 miles later something inside broke and spit #2and#3 injectors off the block.

Next new engine popped with less than 15,000 miles.

Replacd driver with #4 engine and no more issues.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..