Going to Canada

mrsmackpaul

45 minutes ago, Brocky said:

The above sounds good. Do not know what your horseback dates are, BUT the Brockway weekend in Cortland NY is the second weekend of August..

The horse ride is the first 2 weeks of August Brocky 

Paul 

Edited by mrsmackpaul
Because it didn't make any sense

57 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

Paul, you should really look into flying into the East coast and finding a nice drivable Brockway. Drive it to the Canadian Rockies. Do the horseback thing (I would ask for a mule. No horse can match the comfort and sure footedness of a mule). Then drive the Brockway to a West Coast port for export. If Brockways are as rare as you say in AU then this is your chance to bring one over. Just a thought. 

This thought has crossed my mind, Brocky knows far more me about Brockway numbers in Australia, I have never seen one in the flesh  

I'm guessing you could count the numbers in total on both your hands 

Paul 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I reckon this would make quite the cool camper for a month or two

Don’t end up like Christopher McCandless in that thing…..although his bus was an International KB5

Edited by 67RModel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I reckon this would make quite the cool camper for a month or two

Paul 

FB_IMG_1704077225352.jpg.72aa7c6d30affdd7d818687eb0ab09b8.jpg

All you need is a cot, propane heater, and a cooler for your beer and cold cuts go for it Bubba

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Don’t end up like Christopher McCandless in that thing…..although his bus was an International KB5

I had no idea who this was, had to Google him

I like food to much to starve to death like this bloke

Paul 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 67RModel said:

He was a young guy, who in 1992  rambled off into the Alaskan wilderness with almost nothing with him to live off the land. He ended up finding an old bus miles out in the bush that had been placed there decades before for workers at a nearby mine to live in. He lived in that bus for almost four months. He tried to come back to to civilization but the rivers he crossed were too treacherous by then. He kept a written journal of his life during that time. He ended up starving to death and died in the bus. Hunters found him weeks later. Since his death he has become kind of a cultural icon. Many people over the years retraced his steps and went to visit the bus he lived in. Many documentaries have been made on him and a very popular book was written about his story called Into The Wild. More recently it has been made into a movie directed by Sean Penn I think. So many people over the years have went out to see the bus in the woods and have gotten stranded or killed themselves. The Alaskan authorities actually went in in 2020 with one of those twin rotor military helicopters and removed the bus to prevent people from going in and getting stranded themselves. It is now on display in some museum in Fairbanks I think. 

Yes, Jon Krakauer wrote the book. He wrote a lot of good books, I read "Into Thin Air" several times, they made a TV movie about that one too. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.