Gittin' her back to Normal

The Rubber Duck 006

Well it's been almost 6weeks since I've gotten THE GREEN HORNET back and been out on the road. So far no issues except improvements. Fuel mileage is now up in the 5-6mpg range and she has better pulling power. Unfortunately on Monday had a load shift on me in Richmond Virginia and had some rebar fall off the trailer. Thanks to a long wheelbase only one airline and the Tractor protection valve was busted.  Then to make it interesting I was the victim of a hit and run hahahaha while I was stopped and surveying the load shift. But the week went great and now I've got her all dolled up with Polish. 20231106_082039.thumb.jpg.9ab3ce3bef0986c34b4b1e9291ed2370.jpg20231106_082047.thumb.jpg.4aa09e49dc039b2dd0bdf6c3ac2e54c8.jpg20231106_082115.thumb.jpg.ad3934efb4bd8c68bee28c3991047cb6.jpg20231106_082243.thumb.jpg.452d995ec5c570849cf56df54df0daa2.jpg

• Like 1

Well that's some adventure 

Does the trailer have a hurdle at the front, steel gate to stop the load shifting forward off the trailer 

Or do you rely on the rach guard thingy on the truck ??

Dont really see straps used on steel in Australia, most people wrap the chains right around the steel and then chain it to the trailer, the tighter the dogs are the tighter the load is held

I have fund it amazing just ho we much steel bounces, even with lots of chains on

Main thing is that no one is hurt, trucks looking sharp

Paul

I miss the driving even if it was only for  a short 7-8 yrs after they closed the maintenance  shop.  don't think in todays world I could get back behind the wheel of a big rig. things back to  "normal" for me can never happen  =sadly. such a different world . A nice DM811SX working in a pit ; NO highway -nice way to spend retirement. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well that's some adventure 

Does the trailer have a hurdle at the front, steel gate to stop the load shifting forward off the trailer 

Or do you rely on the rach guard thingy on the truck ??

Dont really see straps used on steel in Australia, most people wrap the chains right around the steel and then chain it to the trailer, the tighter the dogs are the tighter the load is held

I have fund it amazing just ho we much steel bounces, even with lots of chains on

Main thing is that no one is hurt, trucks looking sharp

Paul

Boss told me that no chains were allowed on these loads since they are painted rebar and then told me that they would have someone else pull them from now on and I said good let someone else deal with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

I miss the driving even if it was only for  a short 7-8 yrs after they closed the maintenance  shop.  don't think in todays world I could get back behind the wheel of a big rig. things back to  "normal" for me can never happen  =sadly. such a different world . A nice DM811SX working in a pit ; NO highway -nice way to spend retirement. 

It's an addiction for me always has been even before I was old enough to drive. I'll drive till they tell me I can't do it no more and will stay with my current company. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

Looks great bud have a ball … Bob

Thanks Bob. I try. I can't stand a dirty truck especially with all this chrome hahaha. And yet we have guys at this company that hardly wash their trucks and laugh at me for polishing the chrome and aluminum on mine

14 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

mechohaulic, l just retired 10/31 and was thinking the same thing or maybe across town and back come springtime. haha    .....Hippy

congrats on the Retirment. challenge now is to keep busy ; watch the food : weight and most important health check regular.  yesterday spent the afternoon with Knights of Columbus (40 degrees outside) collecting food the food banks . not only rewarding but kept me busy instead of sitting and eating. 

• Like 1