Mack granite oil blowing from turbo down tube.

trucking251

I have a 2005 CV713 with AI400 motor. I have oil spraying all over passenger side under turbo. I clean it all up and run it and don't see a drop of oil, but then drive it for awhile and everything covered again. I've replaced o-ring on down tube from turbo, almost positive that's where it's coming from. I believe it's a very intermittent pressurized release of oil from there. What would cause random pressure in the motor? Turbo was replaced 60,000 miles ago. 

take the overboard breather out and see if its plugged with sludge..  have you replaced the oval gasket where the oil return tube bolts to the turbo? What shape is the oil feed hose to the top of the turbo?  

Nice picture,  I have been to the top of Mt. Washington twice..  not hiking,, driving the auto road..  Once on a motorcycle..   Awesome !!

its not pressurized. it just returns oil from the turbo bearings..  Can you take pictures and post them?  The only pressurized oil line is the feed line to the turbo, on that side of the engine.. the lower exhaust studs leak after a while.  

I think you will find that your turbo is fubar ! Regardless of its age!  we had run into this on many occasions ! when warm / hot  Pressure builds up on the exhaust side of the turbo under load and moves down the turbo shaft to the drain tube causing base pressure! But another question ! have you been backing up hill alot ! if so there is a kit to move the breather  to the valve cover for cases like this happened a lot with mixer trucks and some dump apps when working on adverse! just sayin!

• Like 2