2006 granite rear end out of alignment.

No1eaglefan

So my driver found an old septic tank a while back. We had to replace the trunnion shaft and replaced all the spring pads and everything. Today after getting it back together we noticed the front axle on the passenger side is still looking bent. We jacked it up and spun the tire and it doesn’t wobble or anything it stays on the same plane when spinning.   What else could it be we pulled the axle and it doesn’t appear bent. Could the axle housing be bent? What are your thoughts on what it could be. 

Resized_20230808_151828.jpeg

Resized_20230808_151801.jpeg

IMG_5379.jpeg

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

It looks like the Spindle is bent where it is attached to the axle housing I have seen them bent before the older ductile iron housings had a replaceable spindle press fit with a retaining bolt on the back of the housing but all of the others are welded it can be repaired or replace the housing.

Edited by D-Day

27 minutes ago, D-Day said:

It looks like the Spindle is bent where it is attached to the axle housing I have seen them bent before the older ductile iron housings had a replaceable spindle press fit with a retaining bolt on the back of the housing but all of the others are welded it can be repaired or replace the housing.

I’m thinking it must be spindle as well do you think the axle surgeon or someone like that could fix it or would I need to replace the whole axle hosing?

It doesn't look bad so I would say they should be able to cut it realign and weld it back up sometimes the housing will get twisted bad enough that it becomes very difficult to get the differential in and out especially back in just another thing to check before repair or replace decision is made.