ASET-C Turbo issue??

Shortdawg67

Engine Mack 2007 ASET-C 380/410
Combustion air temperature 2-8 flash code
combustion air humidity 2-9 flash code
Those are the new codes I’ve been getting; hearing this scream as I’m accelerating louder than the turbo. I need help troubleshooting. Also, How do the Turbo blades look to you guys??

93FA6562-70E3-475A-B80F-0E9B1B30667A.thumb.jpeg.d166e2d20f8b8899a6e9a1547299839a.jpeg177DCEC2-43B5-4243-AA98-4FE6FBC133BC.thumb.jpeg.793fcee333a17cfa1774634f770d9e9b.jpegF0C0D69F-D942-416E-9447-A9D7FF59F7D6.thumb.jpeg.2418f493f49f848b5decc8256749b742.jpeg

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

What's with all that pitting around the machined part of the cast iron? Combined with the chipped teeth I'd wonder if something small went through there...

yup I'd be concerned with that situation there! Something has gone thru there and the snail is heating  as Joey mentioned check the after cooler and the charge air system for leaks! Its starving for air ! how does the inlet wheel look? The chips that came off that wheel are melted to the housing! The hot side  housing being blue is not a good sign!

@Joey Mack yes there is a little oil in there as well as In that gasket tube that connects to the turbo has some leak in that tube I noticed. I’m sorry what does C.A.C. Mean?? If it is leaking what would be the next step? I’m wondering if something fell in or around the air filter and the turbo blades are up whatever it could have been.

11 minutes ago, Shortdawg67 said:

@Joey Mack yes there is a little oil in there as well as In that gasket tube that connects to the turbo has some leak in that tube I noticed. I’m sorry what does C.A.C. Mean?? If it is leaking what would be the next step? I’m wondering if something fell in or around the air filter and the turbo blades are up whatever it could have been.

oil in there is not unusual it could be coming from the compressor ! The concern is the blades are they chipped!? The charge air is the cooler in front of the rad check it for cracks along the weld at the rh top corner where it comes off the turbo! they some time s split there check all the hoses for splits and broken clamps! make sure the elbow at the top of the inlet manifold is tight and hasn't come loose!  look for indications of soot anywhere on the inlet side! something when thru that exhaust side !did it also go thru the inlet or did it come from the engine it self? that is the question! 

As you check for leaks in the intake system, take a close look at the intake manifold. Those 1 piece manifolds tend to leak.  I find most leaks at #5+#6..  you will need an inspection mirror or flexible bore scope to get a good look,  well, at least my fatass does... :)

• Like 1

I have found a fairly used whole Turbo for my ASET-C. When I replace my current turbo; should I replace the oil feed lines as well? Could the oil feed lines be clogged up with carbon and/or soot that could have caused my turbo to also fry up?? (Keep in mind I STILL have low Oil Pressure to the Engine!!) Or can I keep the oil feed lines and clean them out? Also, when I replace the current turbo does the new ‘fairly used’ turbo need to be recalibrated to the ASET-C?? I am also keeping in mind to inspect the charge air cooler and clean out any metals or clutterness. Anything else I should look out for?

Edited by Shortdawg67

There are 3 different part numbers for ASET AC turbos depending on HP level. The newest turbos are the “D” series. Make sure the part number starts with a 631GC5176. Then the next number can be a EM or a DM then the last number relates to HP level. And the X on the end means reman