1996 E7 350 full Mechanical Injectors

Supermutt

I just pulled these injectors from my 96 DM688S with a e7 350. Comments welcome. Injector No. KBAL 137 P 26 571.  I see the same no. for a e7 400 except for the 571. Iam not super familiar with the injector numbers. Does this 350 have 400 injectors ? 
  I also noticed that the injectors have 2 green paint marks on the top ? Would these marks be something original from the factory ? I have never seen that before on replacement injectors   

IMG_1039.png

IMG_1038.png

Factories typically put paint marks on during assembly to indicate they've checked/torqued bolt down to spec. Could be all that is. If it's a Remack engine or was rebuilt by someone in the past it could be the reassembler's Quality Check mark.

Edited by JoeH
  • Like 1

Also I think the "571" digits will be your part number differential between the different HP ratings. Seems you indicate your "571" part number is different from the 400's part number. This you probably don't have 400hp injectors.

• Like 1

I dropped them off to be tested a a Bosch pump  shop. The guy there said the green paint marks were a QC mark from the bosh factory. They are most likely the original injectors.  Pretty sure they are going to be nfg. 3 out of the 6 definitely had bad o-rigs as they were soaked with fuel and leaking out the head. 

19 hours ago, Supermutt said:

I dropped them off to be tested a a Bosch pump  shop. The guy there said the green paint marks were a QC mark from the bosh factory. They are most likely the original injectors.  Pretty sure they are going to be nfg. 3 out of the 6 definitely had bad o-rigs as they were soaked with fuel and leaking out the head. 

You should be changing your oil then!!! 

• Like 2