Couldn’t resist

mowerman

This is kinda related so I'll say it.......a friend and I had a conversation the other day and we both said we think one of the biggest problems on our highways today is the invention of the automatic transmission in class 8 trucks. They shouldn't even be allowed.

Think about it.......back in the day, you had to have at least a sliver of talent or skill to drive a big rig. If you couldn't shift, then everybody knew, maybe this isn't your thing, or at least you MADE yourself a driver.

Now, hire any new comer to the country that can drive a Toyota Prius, has a pulse and can sit upright in a seat and throw 80,000 plus pounds on and away you go! You're a trucker now! Until it all goes terribly wrong when you realize that big rig doesn't stop or handle like your Toyota.

• Like 2

from what I'm seeing when passing big rigs is the fear all the highway signs will be getting changed to a different language sooner than expected. also seeing how the  "professional drivers" are getting worse then 4 wheelers..  too many cross 2 =3 lanes to exit highway as they pass the exit with obviously no regards to anyone on the highway with them. bring back the days of manual transmissions AND ALSO road maps NOT  telephones telling when to turn. felt bad after 50 yrs of having a CDL day I gave it up, now maybe it was a good move. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mowerman said:

Saw this on Google news. It looks like it landed the same way as that Swift broke did  on the mailbox. A while back Ha ha.Bob84DA99CC-3277-444E-BAF6-3FB61687E113.thumb.png.fe55477a7ca5c6c4bad203294af317ee.png 

close look at the wrecker there looks like it could be cables raising the wreck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

from what I'm seeing when passing big rigs is the fear all the highway signs will be getting changed to a different language sooner than expected. also seeing how the  "professional drivers" are getting worse then 4 wheelers..  too many cross 2 =3 lanes to exit highway as they pass the exit with obviously no regards to anyone on the highway with them. bring back the days of manual transmissions AND ALSO road maps NOT  telephones telling when to turn. felt bad after 50 yrs of having a CDL day I gave it up, now maybe it was a good move. 

I only have 36 years and HAD to get out, LOL

i am pushing 54 years on the road. if i was not bored sitting home i would quit. 

sitting in the truck is pretty much the same as sitting home, but i get paid to sit on my keister and do nothing. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Oh no I love to throw this around 15 more months brother and yes, I see some very rude steering wheel holders for one thing they need to lower our speed limit 80 mile an hour. Big rigs tailgating the shit out of cars that  don’t feel like driving that fast. That’s bullshit. Not to mention no class and no manners. It’s not your road truck monkey get it.?????? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1