Memorial Day Parade

The Rubber Duck 006

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

Excellent thanks for the post sounds Like a pretty good time.. I am still trying to get my DM across the yard to the garage to start work. Ha ha you’re a lot further ahead than I am..

Well that's how it works when you git blessed with a Show Dog Company truck lol. Maybe one of these days I will have my own but for now I'm satisfied with my company truck.123_1.thumb.jpeg.f654f9f41de1d9fa5ad029a1002dfcc9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just an Update I will not be driving The Green Hornet in the Parade this year  😢 😞 . She's going to be down for awhile. But when I do git her back She will have a new radiator, Air Compressor, All 13 gears in the transmission, and a New drivers seat!!!. I'm hoping I can talk them into putting 10 led Chicken lights on her as well 🙏 😋

For what it's worth...  Iv'e seen you post your wishes a few times..  Get dialed in, and buy a truck..  You need one..  I suggest a W-900L or a 379...   Just my opinion..  I love Mack's, but to find a CH/CX-613 with a 460/13 spd.  and Eaton 390's or smaller, may be hard to find..  Hell,, I don't know...  just ramblin'..  jojo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

For what it's worth...  Iv'e seen you post your wishes a few times..  Get dialed in, and buy a truck..  You need one..  I suggest a W-900L or a 379...   Just my opinion..  I love Mack's, but to find a CH/CX-613 with a 460/13 spd.  and Eaton 390's or smaller, may be hard to find..  Hell,, I don't know...  just ramblin'..  jojo

I've got my eye on an R model Mack with a flat top bunk down in West Virginia 

I used to be in a local July 4 th parade years back.  Had about 5 trucks from local chapter get in it.  The g/f always loved doing it and wishes we could do them again.  It was always tough as we'd get home from my race at like 2am, sleep for 3 hrs and get up and get to the staging for the parade.  She likes throwing candy to the kids and waving to everyone.  I'd run the air compressor ragged with the constant horn blowing.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I used to be in a local July 4 th parade years back.  Had about 5 trucks from local chapter get in it.  The g/f always loved doing it and wishes we could do them again.  It was always tough as we'd get home from my race at like 2am, sleep for 3 hrs and get up and get to the staging for the parade.  She likes throwing candy to the kids and waving to everyone.  I'd run the air compressor ragged with the constant horn blowing.

Yeah we do the Memorial day parade then The local fair Parade We love it. The kids love hearing the Air horn and Seeing my riding companion Milo lol. They forget about the candy when they see him!!20230329_140627.thumb.jpg.aa2867632c4d55d81f5b438aae64e035.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Parades are the best we took the b model a few years ago in the Kecksburg pa VFD ufo festival we had fun throwing candy and had some green aliens and a saucer on the fifth wheel it’s on u tube . Rubber Duck it’s great they you treat a company truck like your own makes the owner happy and they seem more willing to add some extras on it cause they know you appreciate it .

Edited by Mean Green
Spelling
  • Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

I stop by the shop to see the progress on The Green Hornet. Mechani. Had the Rubber flooring and both seats out. He scrubbed down the metal underneath. He's gittin ready to drop the transmission tomorrow. The new radiator is in. The new DPF can should be in any day now. Also he said after She's back together and gits a bath he's going to polish all the Chrome for me and make it look like a true Show work truck. 

• Like 1

20230527_192612.thumb.jpg.39fa5e189a066fe61a030561598359fa.jpg20230527_192643.thumb.jpg.4985f3a74a2943359b81684e6c230d06.jpgWell The truck is all ready to Celebrate Memorial day.  The red white and blue will fit in well . The true reason i do the parade is ive had may family Members serve in our Military  and Without their sacrifice and the fellow soldiers that served with them and after We wouldn’t be able to have our freedom.  Yes this Currently administration may be dumb but when you git down to the brass tacks America is STILL the Greatest Nation on Earth. 20230527_192726.thumb.jpg.74ac1818f2f579388c1b8e01909afbc6.jpg

• Like 1