END 673 Air Compressor Drive Cover/Spacer

HarryS

Looking for the aluminum spacer/cover that goes between the compressor and the mounting flange. It is about 2" thick and triangular with two bolts at the top and one at the bottom. Mine is about to come apart from deterioration. There doesn't seem to be any rotation marks or evidence of anything coming in contact with it.  I've tried posting pictures but keep getting the dreaded "code 200". Anyone got one for sale?

it's the spacer used to keep compressor head from hitting rear of injection pump. air compressor had the extended drive coupler . darn the parts I threw away.  don't have the coupler ; do have the bent modified 3/4 wrench made to get the inner (pain - in- ass ) mounting nut.

removal is the easy part;  wait for fun install.  if it still has the nylon nut, challenge has begun.  nut with lock washer will have you using words children shouldn't hear. know for a fact my fingers could no  longer bend and tighten that nut any more doesn't matter which combination it has. the flat/ lock washer would be dropped many times.

3 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

don't want to get hopes up ; i'm going to make a couple stops today where boxes of parts are, ole #1 R model is still there: upstairs parts room has stuff. 

no go on the old boxes of parts :: younger generation "in charge" . the shelves that held parts of days gone by , now hold cases of filters :: most of which will never be used.  different world in the trucking industry: at least where i went today. 30 + yrs ago myself and two other mechanics set up the new garage having it's own upstairs parts room. walking through it today totally sickening. boxes of stuff all over floor  and worse. I questioned all the old parts :::"they must have been thrown out. " still a few OLD fan belts hanging with old Mack logo cardboard wrappers  ( i should have taken them ). belts no good ; they would look great in a mechanic man cave on the wall.  compressor spacer gone. there was a gasket ; I wouldn't use it so I left it.

• 1 month later...

Update. I got the part and it is exactly the same as the old one. The one thing I didn't realize is these parts are one direction. The first attempt at installing the compressor came within about about 1/16" of tightening up. First thing I thought is the gears are not clocked so second attempt same thing. Something told me to flip the spacer and lo and behold it fit as it should. Just like the old saying "third time is the charm".  When hooking up the lines there is a small crack in the discharge fitting. I was able to locate one and am now waiting for it to come. I'll try the picture of the old part again. No luck again.