275 Cummins Charger

mackaholic

Out here on the West Coast the engine of choice( at least in the Mack LT's) seems to be the Cummins 275 supercharged engine. Just wondering if anyone has had any expirience with them? I've heard they had a very different sound to them. I've got an LT needing an engine and was wondering how hard it would be to come up with one.

Thanks, Brad

Out here on the West Coast the engine of choice( at least in the Mack LT's) seems to be the Cummins 275 supercharged engine. Just wondering if anyone has had any expirience with them? I've heard they had a very different sound to them. I've got an LT needing an engine and was wondering how hard it would be to come up with one.

Thanks, Brad

Brad, My friend Jeff has a LT with the supercharger. I've been to shows with him and I drove his B75 and couldn't keep up with him. It sounds great and he knows alot about it. I'll e mail you with his info. I drove a P&H 70 ton crane with a supercharger in the lower,wow it really went well,Tim

Thanks, Brad

A friend of mine had a couple of those supercharged Cummins around. I know I saw one at his place in December in an old air compressor. He would probably want to sell it if he hasn't junked it yet. If you have any 69 Z28 Camaro parts to wave under his nose I'll bet he could find you a good one.

Joe