Camshaft position sensor

7 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

I keep forgetting that they actually put  the D12 ( and possibly D11/D13 ) engines in boats. The marina I keep my boat at has Carver yacht  with twin D12’s in it. The owner talked to me about hooking my laptop up to it . 

Yea it seems the tools for these engines on the marina side have much better pricing. Maybe you can get some side work within reason and get a free boat slip haha. Wow twin d12s in a boat sounds like some serious power. I couldn’t imagine working on these engines in a boat. They pry have to come out to do any legit work on them. 

32 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Yea it seems the tools for these engines on the marina side have much better pricing. Maybe you can get some side work within reason and get a free boat slip haha. Wow twin d12s in a boat sounds like some serious power. I couldn’t imagine working on these engines in a boat. They pry have to come out to do any legit work on them. 

That boat was about 50’ long and  14’ wide and so there was room but when I’m there it’s to play and not work, lol. Mines 12’ wide with twin 5.3’s and I pay someone to service it, I hate working on my own stuff 

• Haha 1

I hear ya. It’s the last thing you want to do. It’s typically how it goes. My time is worth more than money I guess. Your boat sounds like a quick one. What is it? Where are you from if you don’t mind me asking?

3 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I hear ya. It’s the last thing you want to do. It’s typically how it goes. My time is worth more than money I guess. Your boat sounds like a quick one. What is it? Where are you from if you don’t mind me asking?

It’s a cruiser and pretty fast for its size .  We stay/sleep on it Friday and Saturday nights through the summer months. The dock life is so much fun we sometimes never leave the marina. We roam around KY and Barkley lakes. 37 footer and probably the easiest boat to drive I’ve ever had. Some days I barely touch the steering wheel. Just use the throttles to steer. 342 Rinker Fiesta Vee is the model, popular model around here.  There are 2 others here at the marina. 

• Like 1

That’s a really nice boat! Cabin Cruiser, id like to get one someday. I guess the steerable props make that thing super easy to maneuver. I love the water and dock life. I completely understand about just staying on the boat and never leaving the dock haha. Music, grilling, beers, etc. usually other people do the same all around at their slips too so it can become a big party. Sometimes walking distance to the bars too. Good for you man I guess you guys can wait for May or June.