Mack ch613 e-7 427

Ray57

13 hours ago, 880joe said:

Not sure about the angle of it but I believe it's 4 inch on the detroit and 3.5 on the mack

I remember seeing a 2004 ASET AC engine that was converted from the VGT turbo to the 60 series Detroit turbo. He had a homemade metal reducer between the turbo and the aftercooler. Thing ran really good even though lots of fault codes. 

From what I have read about that set up is if you want power on the lower end to run a 1.15 compressor wheel and for power on the upper end use a 1.32 compressor wheel. Also I'm pretty sure you can machine the cold side of the mack turbo housing to fit the detroit so then it will bolt right on

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, masterwelder said:

Dose the series 60 turbo have the angle outlet on the air side like the Mack stock turbo in the 2001 year or do you make or buy an adapter?

The 60 series turbo people refer to isn't the stock 60 series turbo. It's what a lot of the guys put on a Detroit after tuning the ecm. It's a BW S475 (171702). But you do need more fuel to run that turbo with the 1.32 housing. You can also put a 1.15 housing on it. You'd probably enjoy that housing more for better spool up and you really wont lose much on top. Needs bigger injectors to run the 1.32 housing 

That S475 you can get for 650-700

Edited by brettj3876