Cylinder pressure out intake port

ChallengeDave

Sorry 'F'...  I'm really not trying to correct you,  And your info is correct for the Jacobs 690 Brake heads after Updates like top oil feed and Armoly reset screws..  It did go from .015'' - .017'' - then to .021"..  :)   jojo

Yes sir,, wasnt the setting for the jakes based on the turbo part number??  I have done a few but am not a pro.  I remember taking 2-3 feeler gauges together, and checking each side of the funny looking piston..  I do not own the E-7 feeler gauge tools..  I think the lashes were .040'', .060'', & .080''...   I sure am glad I have service manuals..  :) 

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Sorry 'F'...  I'm really not trying to correct you,  And your info is correct for the Jacobs 690 Brake heads after Updates like top oil feed and Armoly reset screws..  It did go from .015'' - .017'' - then to .021"..  :)   jojo

all good bro don't remember all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Yes sir,, wasnt the setting for the jakes based on the turbo part number??  I have done a few but am not a pro.  I remember taking 2-3 feeler gauges together, and checking each side of the funny looking piston..  I do not own the E-7 feeler gauge tools..  I think the lashes were .040'', .060'', & .080''...   I sure am glad I have service manuals..  :) 

Ha Ha And 85 With stealth brake gottcha  back!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mark T said:

I think it's a different cam from the 350s to the 400+ engines in those.  

You could be Right  Bro! I  hated it when they changed to push on cam gears At the time I wondered with all the issues we had with lifter failures etc Why would you change to a more complicated repair system ! What could be easier than 4 bolts to change a cam gear! I used to do alot of bush work and it made things more complicated when u had to fly in to camp to fix shit! 

13 hours ago, Mark T said:

I think it's a different cam from the 350s to the 400+ engines in those.  

Just checked impact and PAI to compare the two motors. The 350 I used as a core, used the same camshaft and keyway as the 427 I built it as. I used another truck we have that has the 427 for all the spec info for this build. So at this point I still need to double check cam timing for the heck of it, and pump timing. Also am going to see what its going to take to mount the larger CH intercooler. Currently, the machine shop is going through and rebuilding the heads again, this time replacing the intake valves as well. They seem to be eating a bunch of the cost for this as a sign of good faith. 

32 minutes ago, ChallengeDave said:

Currently, the machine shop is going through and rebuilding the heads again, this time replacing the intake valves as well. They seem to be eating a bunch of the cost for this as a sign of good faith. 

That's awesome news! I believe you'll find the CAC you have as adequate for the HP your shooting 4! In my opinion Check it for boost leaks after you assemble ! Check the pump timing as your saying AND If you can drive the thing your self! I firmly believe the heat theory is wrong but that's Me!  The intake valves don't wear that fast and can't see heat affecting them in this short time period ! At least they are coming to the party! Good sign!  also thanks for cross-referencing the cam I really couldn't remember  if e7 had and off set Key that's how bad the memory is getting! GETTING OLD! and I know it!

1 hour ago, fjh said:

That's awesome news! I believe you'll find the CAC you have as adequate for the HP your shooting 4! In my opinion Check it for boost leaks after you assemble ! Check the pump timing as your saying AND If you can drive the thing your self! I firmly believe the heat theory is wrong but that's Me!  The intake valves don't wear that fast and can't see heat affecting them in this short time period ! At least they are coming to the party! Good sign!  also thanks for cross-referencing the cam I really couldn't remember  if e7 had and off set Key that's how bad the memory is getting! GETTING OLD! and I know it!

PAI does show a listing for an offset keyway pat no. EKY-3179, mack 54GC29. Does not show application for that keyway besides it being for the E7. Also to add, they only list one cam for the E7 non Etech.

• Like 1