Anyone here have experiance with Massey furgson 135 Tractor ?

fjh

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Never known of a clutch switch on a Ferguson 

Sure the loom isnt get caught in a linkage or something and getting pulled a bit when the pedal is full pressed 

They are normally pretty reliable 

Paul

Not sure Paul ! I am not well versed on MF ! This is a buddys tractor! I have a Davey Brown It had a clutch switch at one point it is now Disabled !The MF had a failed fuel supply pump when he got it I replaced the pump changed the oil to get the fuel out of the base! The trans switch I found to be an oddball  safety feature the clutch switch made more sense to me! That is why I asked this question!

Neutral safety switches are pretty much the norm on tractors of this era from all main stream tractor brands sold in Australia 

Chamberlain had a clutch switch, not sure of other brands

IH had to be in park

Everything else that I can think of was a neutral switch

Paul 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, theakerstwo said:

I have a Mf 254 or 253 that has a clutch switch and the wiring is messed up so i cant tell what it does.I would think its for not letting the pto turn if its in gear while starting the engine.

So another issue has surfaced with the massy here the three point hitch will only lift weight backing up! Soon as you pick a forward gear and let the clutch out  to move forward the load drop s any ideas on this!

11 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

You have full draft and no position control working

Put it into full position control and see what happens

Paul

Paul the lever is all the way back! the 3 point functions with no load in the shop the three point will lift a decent size log when the tractor is in reverse ! When you select a forward gear in first and low and let the clutch out it will drop the log and you now have no traction to move it! a real odd situation in my mind! My davey brown wont balk at doing this only I have no counter weigh with davey it has you looking skyward ! The furg has a loader more weight on the front! I 'm wondering if the valve block is shuffling in the bottom  and bumping up against the  draft control lever?when in a forward gear!

1 hour ago, fjh said:

Paul the lever is all the way back! the 3 point functions with no load in the shop the three point will lift a decent size log when the tractor is in reverse ! When you select a forward gear in first and low and let the clutch out it will drop the log and you now have no traction to move it! a real odd situation in my mind! My davey brown wont balk at doing this only I have no counter weigh with davey it has you looking skyward ! The furg has a loader more weight on the front! I 'm wondering if the valve block is shuffling in the bottom  and bumping up against the  draft control lever?when in a forward gear!

So Paul I had a quick look at the tractor this morning ! The PTO lever was at half mast! half in half out! would this cause the issue We were having with the 3 point? I will give it a try later today I guess I'm really curious why only reverse it would work, weird! The PTO has a cover over it appears it wasn't in use!