2007 Mack CTP713b

seb00
Go to solution Solved by Mackpro,

Was in the middle of replacing the fuel/power steering pump was sold a different 2007 mp7 pump with a bigger gear. Took it back received a correct sized pump however the power steering pump opening was a fine thread instead of a course thread like the old pump. Mack could not find the fitting??? Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

I bet He has already been to the competition..... I never have been, and wished I could have gone...  :) 

surprised to hear that you haven’t, would have been another good one to go. Your a Mack master in my book haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mech, These are big time competitions that MackVo puts on to test the contestants at their skill set..  It is a timed event, and the tasks are, tranny builds/ elec diag/ and such...  I was never asked to go to one,, I guess bcs I dont fit the new age mold,,   anyway... It's prestigous in the Mackvo world..  and you earn 'Brownie point's'...    However, those of us that are REAL Mechanics, know how many rewards we won, when we shake hands with happy customers...  jojo

• Thanks 1

It’s a competition where groups of guys from dealerships all over the world come to compete against each other. Each dealership is its own team of 4 guys. They have to do a bunch of problem solving that’s being timed. This is at the Mack trucks academy. I’m not sure how many teams get invited but it’s a big deal. Here are some pics to give you somewhat of an idea. 

image.jpeg.28cca5395b091391147ff9b34615e0c9.jpeg

image.jpeg.f4ecf487a728b5d26c3e4afe7be11b43.jpeg

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

THANKS for the info, I would possibly enjoy watching. NOW if this took place 30-40yrs ago when things were built without a computer involved..well then !!LOL 

in my  Maintenace office at baskin robbins, I had a number of diplomas; etc on the walls; NOT as a bragging but as request to show qualifications. some I worked for others were "ok you got one". all they meant to me was crap. when an  in frame was done and the key went to start the sound I heard was worth more then all the paper on the wall. 13speed RR were sent out (lazy foreman); why can't we build; i questioned? the first rebuilt RR is still a memory. an MB fire truck from early '70's being the first EVER to have a jacobs engine brake which factory engineers said can't be done ''; no computers ;; OK competition were are ya LOL

• Like 1

Mech you need to start a topic on "The good Old Day's" or something like that...   You have So much to offer, and it would be a hell of a chat about'....   Lots of guy's here that are right there with you...   just sayin'......  jojo  😘

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Mech, These are big time competitions that MackVo puts on to test the contestants at their skill set..  It is a timed event, and the tasks are, tranny builds/ elec diag/ and such...  I was never asked to go to one,, I guess bcs I dont fit the new age mold,,   anyway... It's prestigous in the Mackvo world..  and you earn 'Brownie point's'...    However, those of us that are REAL Mechanics, know how many rewards we won, when we shake hands with happy customers...  jojo

One of my good friends was in the Mack Masters competitions back in about 2005 . He was working at one of the other  dealership locations north of the one I worked at . He tried and tried to get me to join his team. He was a lot better Tech than me and I was afraid I’d let him down.  He said the competition was tough and winners were extremely good .  He also left the dealership life several years before me and also went into fleet work like me.  We both still are stuck working on Macks . 

• Like 1

There is dealership near me that is called Bergeys Truck Centers. We use for truck sales, all parts, and service when needed. They have gone a handful of times and placed third in 2018. I had to verify the year and came across this. “Bergeys Bulldogs have made it to the 2018 finals! In April, the Bergey Bulldogs placed 3rd in North America at the 2018 VISTA (Volvo International Service Training Award) World Semi-Finals in Gothenburg, Sweden - home of Volvo Trucks. As Semi-Finalists and one of the top 40 teams in the world, our crew headed to Curtiba, Brazil to represent the USA at the VISTA World Championship Final.” I knew it was pretty intense competition, but not that intense….