r model e7

Tinman22
Go to solution Solved by Joey Mack,

What i've got is an e7 that I would like to put in this 85' R .  From what i've seen the e7 had a different front mount than the e6 thats in it now.

So im looking for a part number maybe or a pic of the correct mount. I have searched every salvage yard and haven't so much as seen an e7 R model. I tried google images but no luck. I heard there is an R show truck with an e7 that lives about 30 miles from hear but haven't seen it yet.

I'll get one tomorrow when I get back to the shop. But it looks like this.

The E6 has a plate from right rail across the front cover and bolts to mount that clamps behind the balancer to the cover then angles behind the stearing box to the frame.

FDA2E4FF-5CE7-41FD-87F1-D2EA2E508E47.jpeg

919C7118-B4BC-4198-B9BD-EE13EC001DFA.jpeg

Edited by Tinman22
  • Like 1

The frames are virtually unchanged over the years. You should have no problems finding donor parts from a wide range of years that should work with whatever spec your truck is. Mack did a good job reusing cast frame and suspension components for decades.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well in the engine swap crossmwmber saga i'm at a dead end. 85' crossmember is a piece of plate 9/16th thick by 10" tall with a 45* bend to go behind the stearing box that the nose of the timing cover sits in and a gets clamped in. the 94' donor truck has a stamped steel "u" shaped crossmember with an appliance that bolts to front of the timing cover and sits on the crossmember. 

Dealer says the vin numbers ive gotten aren't long enough to use "need last 8 at least"

Pic is of the 85' from the top pass. side. 

Any more ideas? 

E35D9D10-7376-488A-8F30-E9D9FDBF154D.jpeg