Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 8/27/2022 at 9:12 PM, mowerman said:

From what I heard a long time ago Sunny never drove the truck the other guy Frank Converse actually has a class A license and did drive it from time to time … bob

As I remember reading about it, Claude actually took to it like a duck to a pond.  Frank was from NYC and didn't even have a driver's license when they started the show.  Both of them got their CDLs so they could drive the truck.  They say it was easy for Claude, but it took Frank a little while to get the hang of it.

That might have been from the Movin' On website, or one of the other places I have tracked down about that show.

I think Mark Stracener still owns the "Real" one, having bought it from Paul Sagehorn, but things change all the time without us knowing about it.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

1 minute ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

As I remember reading about it, Claude actually took to it like a duck to a pond.  Frank was from NYC and didn't even have a driver's license when they started the show.  Both of them got their CDLs so they could drive the truck.  They say it was easy for Claude, but it took Frank a little while to get the hang of it.

That might have been from the Movin' On website, or one of the other places I have tracked down about that show.

I think Mark Stracener still owns the "Real" one, having bought it from Paul Sagehorn, but things change all the time without us knowing about it.

Technically, I think they had their Chauffeur's licenses, as CDLs were not a thing yet.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I wonder if Paul Birch and William Campbell really drove the cannonball? You can tell in a lot of scenes that there's not even a windshield in the truck. I've only seen the 2 episodes that I have on a DVD since I was a kid, many years ago. They're also on YouTube, maybe they're the only episodes in existence now. 

On a side note, there's a William Campbell High School here between Gladys and Brookneal. Probably named for a different William Campbell though 🤣

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.