07 granite gauge cluster

dammit bud,,,   welcome to Volvo's world..  I have been telling my customers to save all of the old  hard to find parts that they pull..  I have a few but no where near what I want to have...  ..  as far as the cluster,,,,  what is the issue?   have you taken it apart to see the issue?  jojo

they have taken it to the shop (not mack) and the mechanic says it needs a new one. they aren't the best, kinda just parts changers. sometimes the gauges work, sometimes not, seatbelt light and buzzer are beeping constantly, mileage and hours comes and goes randomly. I have seem some info about a ground problem, but i have not taken it apart myself

how about taking it apart carefully, and cleaning the dust out of it,  and inspect the soldered connections on all of the resistors and capacitors and diodes, and such,  and if any look brown to black, re- solder them in place... I have a silly little rechargeable soldering tool that i  got from amazon for $40 bucks..  also check the plug ends for loose connection's,  and make sure there arent any broken pins in the sockets on the back of the circuit board..  you may just fix it and save $1200.00....   what do ya think??   jojo

3 hours ago, Nobody454 said:

they have taken it to the shop (not mack) and the mechanic says it needs a new one. they aren't the best, kinda just parts changers. sometimes the gauges work, sometimes not, seatbelt light and buzzer are beeping constantly, mileage and hours comes and goes randomly. I have seem some info about a ground problem, but i have not taken it apart myself

Everyone are “parts changers” anymore…There isn’t anything rebuildable these days. It actually takes great skill in diagnosing and changing a part on these newer trucks. I get so tired of hearing that term and the bashing of dealerships, when most dealerships are actually very good. If you want the dash call Bergeys, I can almost bet they will be able to get the part for you. If not they will bend over backwards trying to get it for you. 

• 2 weeks later...