T310M Stuck in reverse and blowing air into case

So my experience is with the 18 speed transmissions, but assuming they have similarities, front box has 6 gears, rear box has high low split and reverse. 

In my opinion you have an o-ring that is cracked and allowing air into the case, now in the 18 speed the rear piston is for high low, and can be replaced externally.  The reverse piston I think is on top of the transmission.

• Like 1

yes to a bad o-ring.  on the top of the back box, there is a shift cover,  remove it and re-build the cylinders.  when its on the bench you can put shop air to it to see how it leaking, (if you want to see it) then re-ring it..  I suggest replacing the shift fork set bolt... jojo

in chassis...  remove the drive shaft and squeeze your ass in there..  open the hood, jack the cab up with a small jack,till the cab shocks stop the jack. that will give you a few more inches to get in there..  of course if you are 'girthy'....  well....   I'm girthy... :) heck I dont even know what chassis you have... I assume a Granite...   jojo

well at leaste you have the reach..  im 5-9/ 240...  you can get this done..  i hope you dont have dual ass stupid exhaust..  it WILL be in the way...  

Blow gun all the junk from the top of transmission as to minimize dirt going in to the trans..the rear cover you need to remove has two dowels on left and right side.you will need to pry evenly on the cover because if one side gets brought up to high it will want to bind .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mack Hammer said:

Gonna give this a whirl tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's input on this. The pic is great. I just made a profile on this website today and I'm liking the help. Thank You

If you go to mack emedia you can download load the whole pdf file on this transmission.for free ..just type 10-122 , which is the part number for the publication and then click on view file.it will download the PDF.

Screenshot_2022-06-11-00-17-58-99_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by R.E.D

2 hours ago, Mack Hammer said:

Everything went well. Snap ring was missing on forward side of shaft, and end plug was out and stuck to the front wall of rear box. A shout out to everyone who gave me advise. Much appreciated. 

Nice to hear when help here helped!   terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mack Hammer said:

Everything went well. Snap ring was missing on forward side of shaft, and end plug was out and stuck to the front wall of rear box. A shout out to everyone who gave me advise. Much appreciated. 

Nice!🔧🔧