B model radiator bad

Hello all well the rad in my b no longer wants to hold water pulled it out its an old mc cord one I haven been able to find one like it and mine went to the shop and they came back with a 1500 dollar price tag to re core it and my tanks look terrible I'm wondering if anyone else has put a rad frome something else in its place or made one out of an old air to air cooler my rad mounts in a housing all I had to remove was the grille shell and the shutters the fill is on the pass side along with the top port and the bottom port is on the left any ideas are appreciated thanks Kevin aka yes I'm cheap

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Pepper in it, leave the cap off and when hot crack a few eggs in 

That should seal it up tickety boo

LOL

In all seriousness I reckon the cost of a re-core pales into insignificance compared to cooking a motor

5 grand in Australia to re-core a R model 

Mind you Australian R models are all specced with the biggest radiator available at the time

Apparently the US and no doubt Canada had many options and it may well be a lot less

Paul

Mike I called around and no good on finding a replacement an Paul I did try some stop leak a few times and it just don't want to hold anymore I only take it shows so I don't haul anything 

• 3 weeks later...

you can pm me on here a price if you want this one looks like it will work for now the one I pulled is an old McCord one that only has mounting on the sides others I found had brackets on the top mine was in terrible shape 

Thank you Mike I'm just glad it's drivable again I didn't know that about the plate I just needed to find one close to the year of the truck to have it re issued the state only wants the year to be right in this case close cause it's a 64 plate