Loss of power mp8

Zeuz

I Have a 2016 Mack with a MDrive.

The truck recently wouldnt start..then when it started it wouldn't idle it would shut off..I had the computer taken off I took it and got cleared.and programmed .I test drove it and it won't ride no more then 50 miles loaded..the mechanic said it was the crankcase filter housing ..I spent 900 dollars and replaced it..still doing the se thing doesn't have power to go over 50..it just stays there with the pedal to the floor..I don't know what else to do..it does have the def eliminated I bought truck like that..anyone knows what I should do..bobtail it will run 70 plus but with a trailer falls on it's face ..need help thank you

Edited by Zeuz
No edit

33 minutes ago, fjh said:

Bro if your Truck is deleted we can't help Much! Could be anything!

I know..we drove it today and can get to 11th gear at 1300 rpm 56 mph and won't go anymore...                                    Thanks 

I'm getting 34 pounds of boost in 11 th gear at 1400 rpm..but won't go past 50 to 55 mph .....someone told me it could be the torque converter..it's a MDrive transmission 12 speed that's in truck..at this point I don't know

The mechanic put the scanner on truck and transmission..there's no codes .he hooked up a empty trailer to the semi and pulled it 80 plus miles .I brought the truck home hooked it up to a loaded trailer and get 50 mph and won't go no more...anyone know what I can do..thanks

8 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Who “cleared and reprogrammed” the EECU?

The same shop who deleted it programmed it.....this shop deleted the truck a year ago and it did the same thing no power at 50mph but the programmed it a got it right......now a year later doing the same thing but the can't get going ..they tried everything...so I took it to another place and they telling me they don't see anything wrong with the program..so I don't know

Why would anyone just delete the DEF? Anyway my suggestion is gonna be buy what you need to get it back to factory so a dealership can work on it. Your gonna spend more money throwing parts at it trying to figure out what it is. This is an issue that won’t be diagnosed over the internet. This is just my opinion. I wish I could help. 

Edited by Onyx610

22 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Let us know what you end up doing, I am curious. There’s just soooo many variables with your issue. 

I hooked up a loaded trailer today and it ran 55 plus mph..got to 11 th gear wouldn't got into 12 th.with the pedal all the way down the transmission started to slip a little so I'm figuring the transmission by slipping it's not letting get up in speed...Mack quoted me $32,000  for a new MDrive 12 speed,or 11,500 for reman plus 2400 labor..I'm going to pull the transmission out and put a 10 speed manual.getting away from aotomatic..too much money..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

That makes a lot of sense, those transmissions are shit. What kind of work is involved in changing over to a manual trans?

I'm having a guy to do it ..he told me $2,500 for transmission with pedal,and everything needed around 4,000 to ,4,500 ...so I'm thinking I will have around 6,000 with everything..installed ready to go...I average 750 miles a day pulling 88,000 so I need it to last...

• Like 1

its sh!t like this that chaps my A$$ !!!   M-Drive is f'n junk...  period...  my wife was a service writer at Our local Mack dealer 4+ years ago and she said that Hilco Transport would request a new tranny under warranty and it was still 13K , no warranty, the cost was around 16K ..  for a re-man..  Mack pro?  can you confirm my wifes memory... its been a while..  I hope my E-7/ E-Tech rebuilding plan pulls through..  I wish I had tranny tools, but its hard to beat "Overdrive rebuilders" in my area...   jojo

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I wonder why they didn’t just put a new trans in? 🤷🏼

They wanted 10,700 for a reman transmission and 2,200 for the labor..plus at the other extra...at the dealer..I'm in Florida a place in Georgia that works on transmission only quoted me 15,000 and they would come and get the truck I had to pay for fuel only 

• Like 1