Couple air leak questions

When bringing the 2000 rd688 home yesterday I was watching the air gauge and the red and green would peg 120. The green would stay at 120 but the red would move down to 100 then bounce back to 120 just to start back down to 100. 

when shutting truck off I can hear a lot of air coming out of the ac vent in middle of truck. Any idea where this is coming from and how to access it? Thanks Ricky

the red gauge is cycling due to the air leak. far as the vent  leak i'll take a shot at the solenoid is malfunctioning . not to knowledgeable on the new truck systems. when shut off the electrical system for ac should be off; fan still works, i'd say system live and shouldn't be. to cycle the system must be large leak.

Didn’t really understand your answer. The ac system is off, fan is off. When I kill the truck I can hear air in that area and hear it best from the bottom vents below the AC controls. I’m thinking it’s something behind that ac box but have no idea what it is. What solenoid are you thinking is malfunctioning?

Onyx is on to something..  when it is aired up, shut it down... then move the vent selector one click at a time in both directions.  if the air leak changes or stops, do what Onyx said.  there is a little air piston and the controls also have spaghetti lines going to them and they end to leak, they are push lock type fittings. jojo

• Like 1

good call.  I wonder if it would be cheaper than MackVo..  for the same parts..  you may as well buy a new fan speed switch and the plug on the truck side of that wire harness...  they always get hot from a loose connection then they melt the plug, which can cause a short.... Indak makes the switch..  jojo

• Like 1