Air brake

Neo

Hello everyone...

Question....

Are air dryers purge valve combination universal to trucks... I have a Mack midliner and I'd like to change the purge valve but it is very difficult to locate so I'm wondering if others can be used 

I wish I could remember how the air dryer is mounted on the Midliner..  If it's remote and not mounted to the tank, couldnt he just buy an AD-6 smaller air dryer and install it, then re-build the hoses, input/output, and route new ones?  Just curious, and if this can be done then you will have a modern, easy to get parts for,  air dryer...  jojo

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, Joey Mack said:

I wish I could remember how the air dryer is mounted on the Midliner..  If it's remote and not mounted to the tank, couldnt he just buy an AD-6 smaller air dryer and install it, then re-build the hoses, input/output, and route new ones?  Just curious, and if this can be done then you will have a modern, easy to get parts for,  air dryer...  jojo

I wish it was so

Neo,  It seems to me you have 3 threads on this issue..  in this last post you said you CAN get parts for a Midliner..  if you CAN get parts for youre Midliner,  then you are sitting on a gold mine... I have a Book coming my way, if there is info in it that you need, I will try to share it.. I still think you can remove the old air management system and mount a small air dryer that will have the purge valve in it. as far as the unloader valves, those should be in the air compressor head..  jojo

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 7:26 AM, Joey Mack said:

Neo,  It seems to me you have 3 threads on this issue..  in this last post you said you CAN get parts for a Midliner..  if you CAN get parts for youre Midliner,  then you are sitting on a gold mine... I have a Book coming my way, if there is info in it that you need, I will try to share it.. I still think you can remove the old air management system and mount a small air dryer that will have the purge valve in it. as far as the unloader valves, those should be in the air compressor head..  jojo

Yes ... Apologies for the confusion in threads ... I tend to seek information from all over ...

I have pulled the compressor apart..... It's very basic.....just an inlet valve and discharge valve...that's it