R Model Door Liners

On 2/12/2022 at 8:13 PM, mowerman said:

Me too 68-72 had the darker shade …. Excellent,,, Bob

Yeah, the '67 I drove when the world was young, and so was I, had the lighter green.  My '70 and one of the others I drove back then had the darker shade.

Seemed like the lighter one was a little more glossy and slicker, and wore better.  The darker one seemed to be a little more matte, and rubbed off a little faster.  But, that could just be failing memory!  I am having that problem more and more here lately!

Regardless, I loved the layout of that old steel dash and the relative simplicity of it.  Plus, no plastic panels.  The needles on the tach and speedo were cool-looking, too.

Tach.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Ya same here old age and Covid while back mind is going fast but yes seems the lighter green was shinier dark green was definitely flat I often wondered if they used the military green and as far as interior kits I also like them but I think most of us prefer the ready to work look . Also the darker green steering wheel was my favorite all all of them especially the bad ass horn button I wish I could find one green center with the bulldog.. Bob

• Like 1

the light green was  much easier to keep clean , had the gloss clear coat finish. grease /dirt on the flat dark green took some scrubbing to clean with hopes of not taking the paint off.  maybe mack had too many barrels of military green in stock. nam coming to an end ; military orders slowed down, had to use the paint some where. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe you got a point there, Mech!

The older color reminded me of "school bus interior green", although it was not exactly that.  Just kinda felt similar.

It does not help that the first truck I drove with the darker green interior was a black truck.  That whole thing just felt DARK.  Dark outside, dark inside.  And, it was an R700, so its nose was so long that you couldn't even see the shine off the bulldog on the front.  'Course, that dog was gold...so it was darker too.

V-8 Maxidyne, 6-speed "Extended Range" Maxitorque.  That thing would yank your head off your shoulders.  It was quite a transition from 18-speed Quadruplexes, though.  Wait...wait...wait...not yet...NOW downshift.

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel
Failing Memory
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

We discussed that school bus interior color in another post I believe it was also you dcw But brought it up I think they still use the same color

Yeah, that sounds like something i would have said before!

• Like 1