Air line question

Ricky Beals

20 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

yes sir.. i understand....  I have a fitting made up that fits the line coming off the top of the air compressor. I hook my shop compressor to the discharge line to the dryer..  then I can listen 'quietly' for air leaks....

KIMG0802.JPG

I got some of them only i have a shut off valve on mine cause here in my shop my air is set at 160 psi.

glenn akers

• 2 months later...

Hi BMT Fans! I have been lurking on here for about a year now and found a thread I can actually contribute to. It's a little late for the OP, but good reference for someone in the future.

I just replaced the air line  from the air compressor to the bulkhead fitting on transmission on my '93 CH613 this week.

The air line is 1/2" Teflon lined SS braided. The 90 deg. fitting on the compressor is a 3/4" NPT x JIC-10 and the bulkhead fitting is a JIC-10 x JIC-10.

The bracket that mounts to the transmission is a 2"x2.5" L bracket that is 1.75" wide. The 2" leg mounts on the transmission.

The clearance hole for the bulkhead fitting is 15/16" diameter.  From the top corner it is located 3/4" to the right and down 3/4" from the top.

The mounting hole is 3/8" clearance. From the bottom right corner it is located 3/4" to the left and up 3/4" from the bottom.

I will post a dimensioned drawing when I get my CAD program working again.

Thanks for all of the knowledge everyone shares on here. I have certainly gained from it.

-Al

Pics to follow. :)

Edited by AlleyKat
Correct thread size
  • Thanks 1