Jump to content

Try To Get More Info On My Mack! VIN Decode?


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

New here and we have an older Mack we'd like to get some info on if possible.

I tried using the VIN decoders, but they ask for a 17 digit VIN and ours is only 10 digits.

VIN is RD686S7201

Thanks for any info and I am sure we'll be asking a bunch of questions!

Edited by Wirlybird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That truck was built 01/07/1980 That was before they were using the 17 digit vin numbers. ENDT676 engine (285hp) TRXL107 transmission (6 speed)

44,000 camel back suspension CRDPC92/CRD93 Carriers 4:17 ratio FA617C front axle 

Hope this helps

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Steel Nose said:

That truck was built 01/07/1980 That was before they were using the 17 digit vin numbers. ENDT676 engine (285hp) TRXL107 transmission (6 speed)

44,000 camel back suspension CRDPC92/CRD93 Carriers 4:17 ratio FA617C front axle 

Hope this helps

That is great info, thank you!
Was there a model number/name?  Like Rd?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Wirlybird said:

I failed to ask if I am posting in the correct group for this truck.

Yes you are!!!  Thanks for the picture!!!  They are always welcome..

Just so you know this site has a large limit on picture size,, after while you will have to go thru a hosting site like Postimage.com or similar.

  • Like 1

Brocky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Wirlybird said:

Ok, got a question.

 

I am redoing some wiring and I found that the volt gauge has 2 "grounds" going to it and 1 hot.

Both grounds appear to go into the harness.

Gauge works but is on all the time.

I think I figured it out.  Now that I can see the back of the gauge better it looks like one is a chassis ground and the others are really a 12v line in and out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wirlybird said:

Ok, got a question.

 

I am redoing some wiring and I found that the volt gauge has 2 "grounds" going to it and 1 hot.

Both grounds appear to go into the harness.

Gauge works but is on all the time.

Some trucks had the voltmeter working all time.  And that is ok because it will not discharge your battery.

glenn akers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theakerstwo said:

Some trucks had the voltmeter working all time.  And that is ok because it will not discharge your battery.

Ahh, ok.  My friend though it used to go to zero when the truck shut off, but he isn't positive about it.

We are trying to track down a battery drain.

You can imagine the wiring nightmare in some areas on this truck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you really think the volt gauge would run off a relay?

If there was a relay, any idea where it may be located?  I am learning as I go on this truck!

I did find one thing that was a drain.  Someone had wired the A/C clutch directly to power so you connect the battery, it engages.  Clip - solved!

My current meter only does AC power draw so I can't test for any DC power draw.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...