Radiator temperature differential

MackE7760

Ok, I promised a final report....

Yesterday in 75 degree, stop and go Baton Rouge mid day traffic @ 83k lbs, temp got close to, but never reached, 200 (mid gauge). Once out of traffic and stabilized, about 185. Im sure the reduced airflow through the radiator, and the additional heat from the converter not locked in the traffic attributes to the higher temps. I feel that we can call this temp issue resolved. 
Thanks for the advice, as always, this forum is a wealth of knowledge for the mack owners.

5ECC87FE-4EEA-42C3-9E7A-45D97B8FE6D4.jpeg

• Like 1

since the truck is a 2004, that should make it an ASET series.. If so there are 2 thermostats,   180 Degree and a 185 degree....(Farenheit) The temp you posted is normal, maybe a tick low..    , sorry Paul...   they stay at 180-185 quite well, when in good repair..  do you have an infrared thermometer? I wear mine out...  anyway,  keep in touch, jojo

• Like 2

Yup your looking good, actually a little low like Joey said. Normal for those to go 200 and the fan come on and suck that gauge down to about 185. Usually when pulling a good hill loaded. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1