Tranny fluid

Big R

90wt gear oil. I still use oil meeting the GL-4 standard myself. 

I have a bulk pump with no totalizer so can't answer to quantity required but fill to the level of the fill plug threads.  Let it set a few minutes and top it off again

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Depends on what trans you have.For a eaton or roadranger use a 50W engine oil and for a mack trans use a 90W rear end grease or multipurpose'The eaton will hold from 29 to 31 pints. 

glenn akers

6 hours ago, Big R said:

Thanks Rob. 

No worries. If a Mack transmission don't forget to remove the very large hexagon shaped plug in the side of the case and clean the magnet this plug houses. The magnet is in the oil flow path from the oil pump and catches metal burnishings to keep them from riding around with the oil.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.