EM7-300 Lifter Roller Failure? Cause?

Samvada

Very common problem... I think mack says the roller, stops rolling, and that's the result.. after you get it fixed, adjust the valves according to Mack spec.. also if you have engine brakes (690 Jacobs) buy A 215SB321 reset screw kit for the rockers and bridges.  Jojo

• Like 1

Yes sir... Thats true, the brass axle gets a flat spot that messes with the roller. What amazes me is when I do a cam job on an E-tech that runs.. (crappy but runs) and I pull lifters out that are so worn out the roller is gone and it's riding on the yoke of the lifter, and it didnt'nt drop a valve , bend a pushrod, or any other major damage.. 🤔

• Like 1

We've become so used to those roller tappets that we take them for granted. People seem to feel they will last forever, and they seem to, but it doesn't take much to make one fail when you think about it. That roller just has to stop rolling and that's it. Doesn't take much to cause enough friction to jam it up. There is a life expectancy for those bearing in there and a tiny little particle of crud or some heat and once the roller starts to rotate slower than the cam and it builds up the heat it won't take long