2006 460 Engines

rickm688

I would need a little more info on the engine. Is it an IEGR engine? We have 4 of them. The power band is higher. They really don’t build power until 1300-1400 rpm. Not a bad engine. Did have oil leaks from the exhaust manifold bolts for a while. Also the Oil pressure sensor On the filter housings leaked on them. All of ours are over 25000 hours. 

On 12/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, Mudman74 said:

I would need a little more info on the engine. Is it an IEGR engine? We have 4 of them. The power band is higher. They really don’t build power until 1300-1400 rpm. Not a bad engine. Did have oil leaks from the exhaust manifold bolts for a while. Also the Oil pressure sensor On the filter housings leaked on them. All of ours are over 25000 hours. 

If it has an EGR cooler below the huge turbo....Then it's a CEGR..... "Cooled EGR" ASET..... "Application Specific Engine Technology"... ASET... If There is no EGR cooler and a basic turbo.. Then it is an...IEGR engine... Internal EGR... Still an ASET.... Of course I would rather have the IEGR.... There's no module, air pressure feed, and filter to get clogged, also no EGR tubes with sensors in them....  Blah, Blah, Blah...... anyway..... The CEGR version is the nightmare.... Good luck... I've done a bunch of turbo/ EGR repairs to these... and the IEGR engines of the same years just keep running... Keep the oil fresh and the valves adjusted, fix exhaust manifold leaks, and drive on!!