Macks For Sale

mackcl96

looking for pictures of 1974,75, and '76 R600 twin rear axle tractor

I plan to give my dad, the (semi)retired career knight of the highway (CB Handle "double-trouble" KWK-9337) a special xmas gift..a custom woodcarving of his favorite ride (from my teen years). He was an 18 wheel legend in his younger days...we want to help him keep those memories.

The R600 pulled a asphalt tanker, was a custom painted white cab with blue and red stripes...it was a special purchase by his then employer Midland Asphalt in Tonawanda, NY (near Buffalo). My Grandfather, Kenneth Banks I founded that company, and though it still exists today, my family no longer has a controlling interest.

Please forward this message to anyone you may know who can help. My brother and I sincerely want to find a good picture for this special gift to my dad.

contact me: kbanks3@sbcglobal.net or my brother: john.ctr.banks@faa.gov if you have something we could use

thanks

This company has a nice fleet of Pete's but they all must have a Mack or two in the barn.

If it had the v8 still it would be even better.

post-133-1228588227.jpg

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....06905D784D91C45

vin number does not go with the truck type that is advertised, although it could be a fabricated truck.

Nice looking unit but too "loud" for me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'd say the RL700L part is a misprint,as it's obviously an eastern R model.They probably just replaced the 318 Detroit with a 237.

I agree Mike. I do like the caption on the hood next to the "V8" emblem that says "Comming Soon".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Now thats what I call an RD! 110K rears 500HP E9 and an 18 speed. Would make a good heavy hauler. That or a nice off highway dump truck with a 30K pusher.

WOAH! That CL has 80k Planetary rears with 24" spoke adapters. I wonder if those axles were factory and what make (SISU?).

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Now thats what I call an RD! 110K rears 500HP E9 and an 18 speed. Would make a good heavy hauler. That or a nice off highway dump truck with a 30K pusher.

WOAH! That CL has 80k Planetary rears with 24" spoke adapters. I wonder if those axles were factory and what make (SISU?).

We all should download the spec's on them 20 years from now people won't believe Mack made real trucks :D

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-133-1230408986.jpg

Here's a unique tractor-an extremely "Rare Find". Originally this had a 250 HP Mack engine but it was recently converted to a late model Mack 350 HP with an intercooler!! The engine runs fine, the 18 speed transmission shifts great-it has p/s, and a double frame that is good and tight. The paint is very good and the interior is clean.; Gross Vehicle Weight (lbs): 71000

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....8FD411BA7968B2D

Zoom in on the hood

What a mess :pat:

post-133-1230408986.jpg

Here's a unique tractor-an extremely "Rare Find". Originally this had a 250 HP Mack engine but it was recently converted to a late model Mack 350 HP with an intercooler!! The engine runs fine, the 18 speed transmission shifts great-it has p/s, and a double frame that is good and tight. The paint is very good and the interior is clean.; Gross Vehicle Weight (lbs): 71000

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....8FD411BA7968B2D

Zoom in on the hood

What a mess :pat:

I've seen a lot worse there but I'll agree that is sloppy looking. Some folks only care about something being "usable" without regard to finished appearance.

The seller has the truck priced high for what it is and prospective purchasers will determine if the repair was worth the effort.

I would have replaced the hood myself.

Rob

I've seen a lot worse there but I'll agree that is sloppy looking. Some folks only care about something being "usable" without regard to finished appearance.

The seller has the truck priced high for what it is and prospective purchasers will determine if the repair was worth the effort.

I would have replaced the hood myself.

Rob

Especially since Mack makes a hood for a cooler

They seem to be proud of it (maybe alittle too much blue paint fumes)

The dealer with that truck is right in my area, so I have seen it before. The hood doesn't look all that bad in person. It definitely doesn't look quite right, but its not that terrible. If anyone ever wants me to take a look at a truck from that dealer( Global Truck Traders), let me know and I'd be happy to take a look for you.

The dealer with that truck is right in my area, so I have seen it before. The hood doesn't look all that bad in person. It definitely doesn't look quite right, but its not that terrible. If anyone ever wants me to take a look at a truck from that dealer( Global Truck Traders), let me know and I'd be happy to take a look for you.

I've always liked the statement that you only have to please the owner. It doesn't much matter what anyone else thinks of the quality, or type of work, if the person that is paying the bill is satisfied.

Rob

• Like 1

sbrem,

I am sorry to be negative on this truck but we are not looking at a pickup truck that someone is trying to keep together

for work.

This is a commercial vehicle, regulated by the federal government.

The D.O.T would have Field day with this truck.

sbrem,

I am sorry to be negative on this truck but we are not looking at a pickup truck that someone is trying to keep together

for work.

This is a commercial vehicle, regulated by the federal government.

The D.O.T would have Field day with this truck.

You don't need to be sorry about anything. The truck definitely would need a lot of work to be put on the road, all I was saying is that the hood looked a bit better in person then in the pictures. It would be a project truck for sure.

• 5 weeks later...