2017 CHU613 vibration on deceleration

ButchB

I just picked up a 2017 pinnacle chu613. MP8, air ride with meritor rears. MDrive trans. Noticed on the way home with it that at any speed over 50, it shakes and vibrates when you let off the gas. I can't really tell if its coming from the front or rear. As soon as I give it a little gas it goes away. Any ideas? Thank you

Check ALL u- joints and carrier bearing.  Release park brake and let truck sit. Keeping tension on those areas may keep from movement 

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I just chocked the front wheels, knocked the brakes off and check the driveline. Everything feels tight. The carrier bearing is the only thing clean under the truck so it appears it may have been replaced recently. I'm gonna go drive it and see if it goes away if I go to neutral while its vibrating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 8:48 AM, ButchB said:

I just chocked the front wheels, knocked the brakes off and check the driveline. Everything feels tight. The carrier bearing is the only thing clean under the truck so it appears it may have been replaced recently. I'm gonna go drive it and see if it goes away if I go to neutral while its vibrating.

Make sure the drives driveshaft is in phase. It does sound like a bad carrier bearing though. 

• Like 2