Can’t find engine info

Jroc

I’m looking for the engine info for my 89 RD688. The number on top of the timing cover is 8P1393. I have tried and tired to figure out what this mean with no luck. Any help would be appreciated! 

Should be an E7-350 or an E7-400.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

possibly  ! have a look It could be anything from 275 to 350 what trans does it have?

If it has a 12 speed behind it ! will likely be a 350 ! if it has a 8 or 9 0r six speed it may be a  285M   300 M !

Edited by fjh

22 minutes ago, Jroc said:

How can you tell? 

Pretty much what FJH said.   Few years ago I bought a sight unseen 82’ R model that the seller stated that he had an E7 installed into it and new frame rails 5 years prior.  Get there to pick it up with the lowboy and low and behold it was not E7 but an old 2 valve motor.   That’s when the renegotiating started.  The cab was shot and I was essentially buying it for the frame and the engine.   

32 minutes ago, fjh said:

possibly  ! have a look It could be anything from 275 to 350 what trans does it have?

If it has a 12 speed behind it ! will likely be a 350 ! if it has a 8 or 9 0r six speed it may be a  285M   300 M !

8ll trans 

18 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Pretty much what FJH said.   Few years ago I bought a sight unseen 82’ R model that the seller stated that he had an E7 installed into it and new frame rails 5 years prior.  Get there to pick it up with the lowboy and low and behold it was not E7 but an old 2 valve motor.   That’s when the renegotiating started.  The cab was shot and I was essentially buying it for the frame and the engine.   

Yeah this is my first big truck and don’t really know what I’m looking at and having a heck of a time getting any numbers I find to match something on the internet.