Have You Seen This 1966 R Model?

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like the one I went to see a few years ago when it was being advertised through OldMacks.  If it is one I went to see, it did indeed have a 2-stick (Quadruplex) box in it.  Also had rigid seats on both sides (no t-bar driver's seat).  Supposedly, the one I saw lived most of its life on Long Island.  It didn't look quite that good then, though.  Dennis had it hooked to a lowboy trailer, and was trying to sell them together, if possible.  I was only interested in the tractor, and it was not exactly what I was looking for (for the price), so I passed on it.

I think it sold not long after that.  I hope you can track it down.

Good luck.

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

It would look even better in MY driveway. Bill (previous owner) said it was a Leeman (sp) chemical truck. Bill bought it in poor shape from the Bloomsburg PA area from an ex carpet mill?. He redid it with air ride driver and passenger seats. His wife wanted them, and air conditioning. Then she decided it rode too rough for her. I think he liked it, but it wasnt long after that, that his hip started getting REAL bad and had surgery a few years later. Then back surgery so it was probably good he sold it.

I like the truck 66dc, but I LOVE the trailer. Only thing better for me would be if they made a single axle detachable lowboy. That would be the nutz for me.

Whats the difference with the longer frame, or is it my imagination? Seems like the rear axle is further back on the truck.

21 hours ago, Frank Y said:

I like the truck 66dc, but I LOVE the trailer. Only thing better for me would be if they made a single axle detachable lowboy. That would be the nutz for me.

Whats the difference with the longer frame, or is it my imagination? Seems like the rear axle is further back on the truck.

It was ordered with long wheelbase, pulled a dump trailer in Florida.

• Thanks 1