Rest Rite Sleeper

67RModel

I am in search of a Rest Rite sleeper from the 60s, 70s, or 80s. Preferably a 48" or 36" but a 24" would be OK too. Any leads or information would be helpful or if you know of a junk / parts truck with one still attached. PM me any and all information. Thanks. Neil

On 3/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, 67RModel said:

I am in search of a Rest Rite sleeper from the 60s, 70s, or 80s. Preferably a 48" or 36" but a 24" would be OK too. Any leads or information would be helpful or if you know of a junk / parts truck with one still attached. PM me any and all information. Thanks. Neil

Got an early 70's Pete sleeper, 36 inch. no cut-out for exhaust but period correct. Have had this inside stored for 20 years. Was going to put it on a B model at one time. It is just in primer and Perfect, no dents, damage or corrosion. Take a look at "Water Dog" post in Antique & Classic section. It is the same sleeper as on Rob's water R Model. $500 plus the ride. Can post photo's if interested.

Here are a couple more of the sleeper you mention:

image.jpeg.a69f2a984cf84246f846417e47636464.jpeg

image.jpeg.d47c8ac5e389d9af25cdb35748bb2a37.jpeg

image.jpeg.83c814b95ae1f61bc71c951756c5db78.jpeg

image.jpeg.ab47b3b5540f404d531b8f50a4506bd2.jpeg

image.png.80ca2e1a72b45680f7ef1c0dcb4082c8.png

Hope they help to put a buyer and seller together.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob for the photo's.

The sleeper is the same, don't have hand rails but handles are still real nice. Interior is not that fancy.

I did put a large chain locker on my Superliner and got it to within a few inches of the cab with straight 6" pipes. No real need for a cutout if the this is done, just moves stack closer to the door. By the way it is an E9 and sounds really good "Thumping" and not all that loud. Contrary to what some guy's say E9's sound like "crapola"   

On 3/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, AZB755V8 said:

Got an early 70's Pete sleeper, 36 inch. no cut-out for exhaust but period correct. Have had this inside stored for 20 years. Was going to put it on a B model at one time. It is just in primer and Perfect, no dents, damage or corrosion. Take a look at "Water Dog" post in Antique & Classic section. It is the same sleeper as on Rob's water R Model. $500 plus the ride. Can post photo's if interested.

Thanks for the response. I am going to pass though. I need to have a Rest Rite for the restoration I am working on. They were manufactured a short distance from where I live and were very popular in this region at the time. From what I have researched they actually made sleepers OEM for Mack up until maybe the early / mid 90s. 

I have a "Rest Rite" sleeper out back of the shop but it is gutted. The metal is decent from memory but a guy gave it to me to use on one of my R models and I don't think I will after all. If something you would be interested in I'll grab some photos but you would need to purchase it through whom I got it from. I could bring it to Macungie, or Lititz later this year when I'm out there. I need a really good reason to make the trip so hopefully you'll give me that reason.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.