B42 tractor

Freightrain

From Craigslist:

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/d/knoxville-mack-truck-42-for-sale-cab/7083609205.html

Mack Truck B-42 for sale

1963 Mack B-42S truck, originally gasoline powered now powered by a Cummins CF-160 6 cylinder diesel engine. Showing 100k plus miles in running condition. All steer and drive tires and rims have been changed from 20 inch bias ply to 22.5 inch radials with decent tread. The transmission is a Mack twin stick 5 speed plus 4 speed Quadruplex. It is a tandem axle truck with an original wheelbase of 170 1/2 inches that has been lengthened to 194 1/2 inches. The overall length is about 23 feet. It has one 50 gallon step style fuel tank and was originally specified as a concrete mixer delivered to Jackson, MS in February of 1963. I have a copy of the original order sheet and other literature from the Mack Museum in PA.

It has some rust through in 2 spots on the lower back of the cab but the rest of the cab and floors are solid. It would make a good car or tractor hauler. I have new door window glass, 4 inch stainless exhaust parts, and stainless door mirrors that will go with the truck. Bill of sale only but can apply for title.

Asking $3200 or best offer. Contact me through Craigslist if interested. Located in west Knoxville.

00G0G_kP5KsJwIIfM_600x450.jpg

00505_czuOmEaov4v_600x450.jpg

Not mine, just passing it along.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

He is a member here. Link to his pics of it.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

21 hours ago, 1977vega said:

Do it, do it, do it! 

Spinning thoughts is mostly always a good deal to do indeed.

Of the truck the purchase idea is what my hell part of the mind tells. And the angel one advices to not get in rush and wait for a B with big alu grill which is rarer and more to my taste but would involve about the same amount of job activities and costs. In the particular case the only possible way to import that truck is taking it apart in NJ and load into a sea conteiner. I would pay nearly $1 for every pound of the shipping weight. Taking to account I have a complete bogie with camelback springs, Mack axles and 22,5 Dyton hubs and also short block of something like 237 engine (it was tagged as EM6-225) completed with crank, rods, pistons and heads it seems I would easily get rid of that Cummins engine in the B as long as the rears and split the weight down to 2-3 ton. Would be $5-6K to import it anyway and a need to transport to NJ and spend there a week or 2 to convert it into a pile of parts. The cost of the truck doesn't seem very friendly also since it's not road ready to be driven to NJ, plenty of rust and the rears are really slow as I could figure from the content the seller posted on here in the past. He noted good tyres but you never know how such are really good until check out in person. On the brighter side I could purchase a B-model and that would be the only B in Russia. Again, in a case if no one else more crazy than me and with a thicker wallet would import a complete or restored truck during the time I would tinker with one more pile of scrap metal :)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

20 hours ago, 1977vega said:

Very good and valid points, but, you only live once...

I was thinking that buying each of my trucks. Don't want to figure how many I own at the moment but the purchase count was 10 :)

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I was thinking that buying each of my trucks. Don't want to figure how many I own at the moment but the purchase count was 10 :)

There is a lot of pride to have the only one of something.:SMOKIE-RT:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

There is a lot of pride to have the only one of something.:SMOKIE-RT:

Almost agree Paul. But taking that to account you should pay even more care to a choice of your purchase. Since the amount of efforts fixing the object is usually huge or at least sufficient. So making a step aside from the most valuable vehicle you put you on a track which will bring you too far away from the most desired result. And sure a long while will pass by as we all here know very well.

• Like 1