Air To Electric Windshield Wipers

Any one ever switched the air motor out for electric. I think the air is cool but it does not work as nicely as the electric. I was thinking about geting 2 electric motors, one for the B the other for the R.

How easy is the swap? is it a direct replacement using the same mounting holes? Besides the elictrical hook up what diffrence will there be?

Trent :MackLogo:

I used to have conversion kits available for the R Mod's, but the company closed and I haven't been able to find another source! If anyone knows where to get a copnversion kit, let me know! I can buy a bunch and help lower the cost!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I used to have conversion kits available for the R Mod's, but the company closed and I haven't been able to find another source!  If anyone knows where to get a copnversion kit, let me know!  I can buy a bunch and help lower the cost!

Barry,

There is a company called Newport Engineering that makes all kinds of wiper conversions for old cars and pick-ups. I have used their products on a couple of projects and they fit and work well. They would probably do the prototype if you supplied a cab and ordered a sufficient number of the kits up front. Their contact info is available at www.newportwipers.com. With the number of B models out there it shouldn't be a problem getting them interested.

Brad

PS. Since I'm new to this what does LOL that I see in some of the posts stand for? Out here in the fire service in CA its "little old ladie".

thanks for the info. I thought there was a conversion kit but just my luck that its no longer made. If thats the case, how are the rebuild kits for these air motors? I have never rebuilt one and would hate to go thru the trouble rebuilding one to find it works just the same. I have driven some R models that the air wipers work great and then some R's (like mine) that turn on and stick on the first cycle.

Trent

Mine lay flat fine and start ok. They are a bit slow, even on "fast" mode. I think all the oil from the old compressor has got them gunk'd up pretty bad. I cleaned out my shutter cylinder, I think maybe I need to pull the wipers down and clean it out too?

Maybe this winter since it's inside now? I thought about making an electric unit(I think I could fab something from donor parts). The motor part is pretty simple since it's hanging out there in the open.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"