Perfect Penmanship

j hancock

I wonder if he has the Mack pewter desk pen holder sets. Three different ones made, don't want to hi jack the tread by posting them. .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Dick Kemp had a large outdoor collection of trucks in Hillsborough, NH.  It was mostly Mack trucks.  It was open to anyone that wanted to visit.  When he passed away, the family had a large auction and the collection was disbanded.

I have an ED that Dick owned and Skip McKean's LF and tanker were purchased from Kemp before he passed.  Gary Mahan and Daryl Gushee purchased many trucks at the auction.

He was the definition of being a character and always fun to see what he was up to next.  I have posted a bunch of pictures over the years on BMT.

Here is an obit.

Richard A. Kemp

Richard "Dick" A. Kemp, 76, of Hillsboro died Sept. 7, 2007, at home after a brief illness.

Richard was born April 2, 1931, in Hillsboro, the son of Samuel and Evelyn (Davis) Kemp.

He was a member of Hillsboro High School's class of 1949 and served in the U.S. Army during the early '50s, stationed in Germany. Richard worked for many years in the construction business as a bulldozer operator for various companies, including Manchester Sand & Gravel, Audley, Perini & Midway Construction. He spent many winters working for Raymond Daniels.

Dick was best known for his rare collection of antique trucks, which he began collecting in 1964, and which became known worldwide as Kemps Mack Museum. Items from his collection have been used as show pieces and featured in the movie "The Brinks Job." Since he started the collection it has grown to over 130 vehicles.

He is survived by his mother, Evelyn Davis Kemp; lifelong companion, Lorraine R. Cabana; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his father, Samuel Clement Kemp, and brother, John Nelson Kemp.

Calling hours will be held Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Holt-Woodbury Funeral Home, 32 School St., Hillsboro.

A funeral service will take place Monday at 10 a.m. at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to the Hillsboro Rescue Squad, PO. Box 350, Hillsboro 03244.

_________

Here a couple links.  I will take a few minutes but maybe I should put all my Kemp pictures into one thread.

https://www.facebook.com/kempsmackmuseum/

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/gallery/album/903-kemp39s-truck-museum/

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Jim, thanks a lot for taking time to share.

Definitely interesting and (surprizingly) unknown to me page of antique truck history.

Would be cool to build a thread with the most of trucks represented there. BMT is well found by Google and other web-searchers so anybody who makes look for Kemp's collection would get what they want.

Sure Facebook work either but BMT looks better from where I'm sitting :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012