How to assemble a Liebherr PR766 dozer

kscarbel2

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Ahh-  so how long have they had a "HI DRIVE"? NOT SURE IF THAT IS THE CORRECT TERM,   How about..."Cat final drive design"?

Bob, I believe the PR776 (larger than the PR766) is the only "high drive" Liebherr product. It was launched in 2016.

I read CAT's high drive patent expired (https://patents.google.com/patent/US3828873).

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Bob, I believe the PR776 (larger than the PR766) is the only "high drive" Liebherr product. It was launched in 2016.

I read CAT's high drive patent expired (https://patents.google.com/patent/US3828873).

Thx Kevin- I can't believe the Cat design is that old  As always , imitation is the best form of "flattery"-or a good idea for sure.  Komatsu won't be far behind.  And Deere for sure given their Liebherr connection.

I did a consulting gig for a contractor that works regularly in the Liebherr facility in Newport News, Va. a few years ago. I almost felt guilty billing them because I was like a kid in a candy store every time I went there. I have had the opportunity to spend time at Cat, Deere and Liebherr and am in awe with all their operations. Living off of I64 between Richmond and Newport News I have been slowed many times for a behemoth leaving Liebherr and always wonder where it is headed.

• Like 1

There is something spectacular about those iron horses.

I’m heading up to PotlatchDeltic, Bemidji, MN, on Monday for a training session for the customer version of Liebherr LIDIA. The software replacement for SCULLY. Two of us are going up there to learn the new customer version. If we remain intellectually stonewalled by Liebherr, in terms of machine access, the superintendent of our department said we’ll be exploring the new wood handler line CAT is introducing after January. That’s really good news! Cat support is untouchable. 

Salesman from CAT told us corporate is buying out Exodus Machines of Superior, WI, dumping the product and closing the doors to use it as an R & D facility for the new CAT line of material handlers. Pretty excited to see what CAT comes up with. Exodus was being sold by CAT years back, say about 2012, and CAT later dropped the product. 3 years ago CAT also dumped there own timber equipment operation up here and sent 220 jobs out the door and made an overnight ghost town. Be good if they find a new interest. 

Edited by Mack Technician