ENDT675 injector pump

NLC

Have a question about the injector pump on my endt675 engine. I have attached a picture of  a fitting between the governor and the pump. Could anyone tell me what this is far? I have a hose connected to it and it is running back to the intake manifold. I don’t think that is correct. I had the pump rebuilt and this is how it was hooked up when I bought the truck. This is a B61 Mack. Any information would be appreciated. 

D9EF7ED1-622A-4979-97DF-95F86355FF09.jpeg

Puff limiter circuit? Mack uses boost pressure to dictate how much fuel to let the engine have so you aren't "rolling coal." Doesn't look like the normal position for the puff limiter though, that's typically a slave cylinder on the front of the fuel pump I think? Someone with more knowledge ought to pipe in soon...

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if it was the puff limiter. But every one I have ever seen had the slave cylinder on the front of the pump. Does it need the valve that usually is connected to the intake manifold?

10 hours ago, NLC said:

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if it was the puff limiter. But every one I have ever seen had the slave cylinder on the front of the pump. Does it need the valve that usually is connected to the intake manifold?

I beleive it is a direct couple as you have it! 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Seems like they all have weak governor springs at this stage of the game and it's really hard to maintain a smooth light acceleration without the rpms hunting up and down at low rpms.   

It's one of the few things I don't like about Mack engines.      I think there is a band aid shim kit or something out there that can tighten up the gov springs but I have yet to embark on that