Mack MH613 brake pedal valve

chilge01

I've got an '84 Mack MH613. A couple days ago the brake valve under the foot pedal broke off where the three bolts hold the assembly to the floor of the cab. I've checked around a few places and so far i've been told that nobody can get the part and it's discontinued. I've attached a diagram below. The piece that's broke is on the top left, with the three bolt holes. It's the casting piece that contains the plunger. That piece bolts between the actual air valve and the cab floor.

Does anybody know of a place where I could order this? Or possibly a junk yard/used truck that has one?

Or, if it's impossible to find, is there a way to swap out the entire brake pedal assembly to something more common?

Thanks!

IMG_1433.jpg

• Like 1

Your best bet is to find a junked MH and get what you need. I could have probably gotten that for you up until  a couple  of years ago but the cab I had found has been scrapped. Good luck. Where are you?

• 3 months later...

The brake valve iself is a common type threadle valve. The part you need is a kind of spicer. Same general design as say R-model but longer to suit MH cab. The plunger which is actually a tappet is longer also. If no options to purchase a good part I would try alu welding and than grind the edges into the shape and drill 3 holes.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012