When did the Mack DM get a galvanized cab and would it fit a 74?

I know someone with a still strong running 74 Mack DM 600 with a 237 twin stick.  The cab and mounts are bad and he is seeking a replacement. I remember seeing on here that the R and DM models got galvanized cabs in the 80s. When did the Mack DM get a galvanized cab and what year galvanized cab would fit this 1974 Mack DM?

23 minutes ago, terry said:

I believe mack started galvanizing parts of the cabs in the mid 80's, I put a 85 DM cab and hood on a 1970 frame, with no problems.    terry:MackLogo:

I think 1985 was the first year offering of the galvanized cab. Most 1986 and newer cabs I have seen are galvanized. The 1986 cab I have on a 1977 R model was a slip fit. I also have a very clean 1978 cab, and a 1981 cab which are both galvanized and scheduled for project trucks in the shop.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thinking the galvanizing was an option earlier than 1985 as my 1978 cab I removed from a wrecked fire truck with 24,000 on the clock and it was original to the apparatus.

I also incorrectly stated the 1981 cab year. It is a 1991, also from a low mileage wrecked truck.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.