Turbo PSI for Mack 07 chn613 A/C 460

8 hours ago, fjh said:

Firstly u need to be pull at the rated rpm not full rpm to develop full boost you should be seeing 33-38

Not sure what you exactly mean by that. Long story short I’ve developed a howling noise and trying to determine if turbo is beginning to fail. A shop said it sounded like an exhaust manifold leak. 

Rated RPM is where the factory states you develop  max torque. Over or below that RPM point your Torque drops off.

Here are some examples as I don't know what your engine is.

A 300-horsepower torque is 1,160 foot-pounds at 1,200 rpm. Torque jumps to a massive 1,360 foot-pounds in the E7 with 350 horsepower. In its 400-horsepower , torque peaked at 1,460 foot-pounds at 1,250 rpm. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, Tim Modine said:

Not sure what you exactly mean by that. Long story short I’ve developed a howling noise and trying to determine if turbo is beginning to fail. A shop said it sounded like an exhaust manifold leak. 

Answer was correctly answered by 41 ! As for your noise judging by your comment an exhaust leak would show up as soot trails at the ports ! Check for broken studs ! After cooler could be cracked and leaking ! If the cooler is cracked you should have some black smoke trailing the truck under load and the pyro will be getting up to 1000 quite quickly!

We alway tried to achieve 33 psi of boost under a pull with the 460 AC engines. I have seen a few go higher  but we were happy at 33 psi. Worn out boost pressure relief valve or cracked after cooler or malfunctioning turbo actuator were some of the reasons for low boost