Patriotic Pair

That's a lot of weight perched behind the cab on the mixer truck. And it looks like it's got 22.5 tires. Doesn't look like it can hold more than 6 yards. Great looking trucks though, owner takes pride in his business. Out my way I only ever see front discharge mixers. Only a couple rear discharges in the area that I know of, and they're only used because they're equipped with a conveyor.

LOTS of rear discharge units here. Only one company with front end units

most jobs are boom truck applied...sometimes two pads next to each other..no need to move

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

15 hours ago, JoeH said:

That's a lot of weight perched behind the cab on the mixer truck. And it looks like it's got 22.5 tires. Doesn't look like it can hold more than 6 yards. Great looking trucks though, owner takes pride in his business. Out my way I only ever see front discharge mixers. Only a couple rear discharges in the area that I know of, and they're only used because they're equipped with a conveyor.

That truck operates in far western parts of St. Louis county and is good for 66,000 lbs. In the city with that same setup you can gross 72,000 lbs.

Edited by autocardc

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Seems a bit light for 10 yds, out my way you have to be a triaxle for 73280.

St. Louis weight laws are not strict, triaxle dumps can gross 120k and tandems 80k local. Most triaxles run big rubber.

Wow. I'd be worried about stopping power! Roads must be pretty flat out your way. Here in Pennsylvania we have up hills, down hills, sideways hills...

What axle ratings do triaxle have that they can hit 120k? Even with a 58k Camelback you'd have to have a 32k lift (pusher) and a 30k steer...