Ford Trucks - your most trusted partner in public service

kscarbel2

Nice, but I think Ford is loosing their once-dominant position in U.S. government/municipal/utility sales.  I don't think it's their current product so much as the competition has gotten better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

Nice, but I think Ford is loosing their once-dominant position in U.S. government/municipal/utility sales.  I don't think it's their current product so much as the competition has gotten better. 

How can you say it is NOT the current product?  They are not in class 8, their class 7 has no options to speak of, and no tandem.  Class 5 and down they do okay, but even there, with the new GM/Navistar JV trucks, the competition just got a lot tougher. 

No doubt the competition is good- but let's face it, Ford is a "no show" today .  Daimler bought a lot of market share for 300 mil when they bought Ford's heavy truck business.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

In the classes Ford currently competes in.  

Got it.  Speaking of that I was talking to the commercial/municpal mgr this AM at a local Ford store.  He has done very well with DPWs using 550's and there is a lot of interest in the new F-600 for wing applications.  Apparently while they liked the 550, the thought process is same truck as 550 but with heavier axles.

I can see the F-600 becoming popular with the fire service. Fire apparatus manufacturers can now offer a heavier chassis but with the dimensions of an F-550.

Smaller pumpers are still very popular as first response fire and EMS units.

bulldogboy